• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Om Field: Final Mock Draft Roundup

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Only one thing on the minds of true football fans today ... tonight's Prime Time First Round NFL Draft Extravaganzalooza.

I will admit to being a bit of a traditionalist---I have always loved the Saturday at High Noon start to the NFL draft. The morning coffee and apple fritter rarely tasted better, the sports page rarely felt crisper, the internet rarely seemed more relevant.

So when I first heard the league was going to move the first round to a weeknight, for crass ratings purposes alone, I didn't like it much. I may have even harrumphed. It happens when you get to a certain age.

But I seem to have come around. Woke up this morning easier than usual for a Thursday, already anticipating a full day of hype (and maybe sneaking an occasional peak at the web from my desk), before sitting down tonight over a steak and generous supply of cold ale to dive into the delicious arcana that the annual NFL Player Selection Meeting (really) has become...

Read More...

Last edited:
Kiper has us taking Okung as well.

I think the 3-day format actually helps us this year, as it gives us more time to negotiate trades to get more picks.

If he's dealt, I think Haynesworth will be traded for a 2nd, because quite frankly, he's worth it. For all the attention Suh and Gerald McCoy are getting, Fat Albert might be actually (still) be the leagues most dominant tackle 5 years from now.

Campbell, for all the criticism he may or may not deserve, does offer a team a young, experienced, affordable signal caller who has improved steadily year and after year. He wants to start, but as a backup, you can't really do much better, especially at that price, and after Claussen, McCoy, Tebow, Pike, Lefeavor, et al. are all gone, Campbell's trade value goes up.

Then there's Rocky. Andre Carter. Landry. We have lots to sell, and I think the 3 day format give us more time and opportunity wheel and deal.

I guess they picked the perfect year to try this crazy-assed Prime Time thing. No salary cap and the possibility of a lockout next year seems to really bring a Future-Is-Now mentality to the table.

Still, with the overhyped promise of "anything can happen" I almost have to believe it will be a letdown if we just use our #4 pick on Okung or Williams. I'm guilty of getting caught up in the hype so, while the SMART play is to take our LT of the future at #4 and just sit back, I almost want to see us wheel and deal.

Thanks Aston ... plugged in the Kiper link. Sleuthery at its finest.

no real reason...but something/one is whispering in my ear we're gonna trade a defensive player at some point (not nec AH either).

No problem. Speaking of Kiper, you think Schefter is being sincere or a little snarky here:

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/statuses/12646738870

Sounds a bit tongue-in-cheek doesn't it?

Sounds like it could be either. Not sure what kind of relationship they have so no way to tell just from that. If I had to guess I'd say it was snarkily sincere though. Kinda like Hansel might have said to Derek before they got to know each other and had epic sex with Matilda and the sherpas so they could get serious about saving the Prime of Propecia dude.

I'm smelling a trade-down as a stronger possibility than, say, a week or two ago. Other than that Okung or Williams seem to be the "logical" picks-which of course lets the door open up for pretty much anything to happen.

Having said that, however I am making a public promise not to scream "WTF?!?, you bloody idiots!!!" regardless of how this #4 pick goes down.

I am giving Allen/Shanahan the benefit of the doubt-they simply know more about NFL football and team needs than I do. :)

Bring on the draft!

Hey Om,

Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News has his Final Mock out now and he too has jumped on the Okung bandwagon for Washington. In fact, he has Clausen dropping all the way to MN at #30. :paranoid:

Last edited:
Thanks boss ... plugging it in now. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.