• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread: Skins @ Bucs

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Says here that the 2 game slide ends today in the Big Sombero.

We were doing fine at 21-6, then I woke up and logged in .....

The Redskins Highway was toll free again today.

Who will be our new kicker?

The defense was gonna give eventually. You gotta make those kicks. Even with our crappy D it shouldnt have been that close.

Still, a win's a win. And ourQB had a clean shirt today. :)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Cundiff hit the 41 yarder to win the game. Is he perfect? No. But neither was Gano. Give him credit for hitting the game winner with all the pressure in the world on him.

21-6 halftime lead and we end up winning a squeaker. Hail to the Redskins!

Edit: I'll take it! We lose games like this in the past.

Tons of love by the announcers for a 4th year QB bringing his team back at home, very little for a rookie QB's game winning drive on the road.

Tons of love by the announcers for a 4th year QB bringing his team back at home, very little for a rookie QB's game winning drive on the road.

And the same crap from ESPN. They spend 20 minutes on highlights and commentary and press conferences on the crappy Jets team, but like 1 minute on the most solid Redskin game of the year

I am so ready for Gano to return.

Meh.

Since when was Gano the savior?

Cundiff -while he put the win today at risk, has been pretty solid, and certainly an inarguable improvement on kickoffs.

And, when push came to shove - he connected on the game-winner.

Gano is gone. I'd have kept him - but I don't 'miss' him. And I don't see him coming back.

I am so ready for Gano to return.

That's my initial reaction too, but Gano was no Lohmiller either. At least we can count on touch backs with Cundiff. I guess field position is that important to the coaches, because that's the only real difference I see in the two of them.

Oh I'm glad Cundiff got the chance to win the game, and that probably saved his job and I'm ok with that.

However, you gotta make those kicks. If we make the 41 and the 30 and they miss the 57 ... not crazy thoughts ... this game isn't close. And on the road. In 100 degree heat.

We've played worse is all I'm saying.

Griffin was outstanding today. With him under center we'll have a chance to win every game we play. And that's what a Franchise QB gets you.

Oh I'm glad Cundiff got the chance to win the game, and that probably saved his job and I'm ok with that.

However, you gotta make those kicks. If we make the 41 and the 30 and they miss the 57 ... not crazy thoughts ... this game isn't close. And on the road. In 100 degree heat.

We've played worse is all I'm saying.

Agree completely, it shouldn't have been close. Would you bring in Rackers ?

Guess I'd argue that who we have at 'kicker' is the least of our worries...ie....Cundiff is our guy in 2012 - period.

As much as this defense makes me want to puke right now, the Redskins absolutely have to put the resources into the oline this offseason. I will stomach watching this same crappy defense another season or 2 if they can protect RG3.

Imagine how good RG3 and Morris could be with a quality line in front of them.

I agree. I posted a separate thread about Cundiff because I do think Shanahan's influence on trying these long field goals potentially got him off his normal routine and caused him to lose confidence on kicks he normally makes.

A win is a win and the Redskins did dominate most of the game. But stupid penalties and blown opportunities cost the team another 10 points that could have salted this contest away long before the fourth quarter.

Pierre Garcon's two flags for big yardage set back two drives unnessarily. His PI was a clear takedown with no effort to hide it and his from the side smack on the DB (Talib or Barber?) right in front of the referee was a move you usually don't see a veteran make.

Penalties on the defensive side of the ball are to some extent predictable because there is a talent gap in the secondary and the Redskins DBs simply don't have the size or athletic ability to man up on these larger, faster receivers without cutting some corners, no pun intended :)

Hall did play more aggressively today and was better in coverage than he had been the previous two weeks.

Wilson is a gamer and is a 100% effort guy every week, but at 5'9 and 195 he is just a sitting duck for these teams like NO, CIN and TB that have a stable of receivers that are all over 6'2.

This was a game we used to lose. It's a step in the right direction. While still in desperate need on Oline and Secondary, we are starting to have pieces in place. Pieces that have youth. QB and RB may be set for the next decade, if their bodies hold up. Griffin is everything we hoped and a lot sooner than I expected. I liked that we limited his abuse today. Still gonna be a year or two of frustrating games, but it's hard not to be excited when we actually have pieces in place, rather that hope we do.

Guess I'd argue that who we have at 'kicker' is the least of our worries...ie....Cundiff is our guy in 2012 - period.

Disagree with this.......in the same way, that one bad day shouldn't be reason a cut a guy, that one good kick (that he's expected to make) shouldn't make him a lock for the full season.

IMO, those missed kicks will be kept on the back-burner in the coaches' minds, and factored in, if he has another slump, as evidence to support cutting him.

The game-winning kick only saved his job for one more week, IMO. But it does not give him a completely clean slate, especially given his history prior to that game. He will be on somewhat of a short leash as a result

Last edited:
But really, do you think his kicking, whether he misses or not, will have any affect on the outcome next week? My guess is that the Falcons can't get to FEDEX quick enough! The Falcons will also be Cundiff's saving grace, at least for another week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.