• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread Redskins @ Giants

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Can lightening strike twice and the Skins take the Giants again this year?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I don't think so. This is a make or break game for the Giants, who despite their record, have played very well over the past month. It's been 4 years (!) since the Redskins have won a road game against the Giants. They have our number up there - and although I think we'll make a better game of it than we have some years, I don't see us winning this one.

We're long over due for a win up there, and while the thought of helping Dallas advance sucks, we're pulling off the shocker today. Just got off the phone with me cousin up there, and he's expecting the upset already. It's a shame Manning is having such an amazing season, because it's just not in the cards for them this year.

Everybody expects Rex to have the game killing turn over... well, we've seen Manning do the same more then a few times, and today is his day to have that one screw up with no time left in the game.

Ya, I know, I'm a homer, and use no fact to back any of this up. My gut tells me all I need to know today....

We won't win, but chat can be a fun place during game time. I need some cheering up - feeling rotten with a horrible cold and almost zero energy.

We won't win, but chat can be a fun place during game time. I need some cheering up - feeling rotten with a horrible cold and almost zero energy.

Huge cup of Earl Grey, with double shot of 100 proof southern comfort, honey and lemon. Then do a double shot of bubble gum flavored benadryl. You'll either have a blast in the chat, or pass out in 20 minutes. Either way, it's a win win situation.....

Well, I don't drink alcohol - but I'm sure tempted to try some sort of concoction. Especially something for the upper respiratory area.

45 minutes until game time.

Yeah, I'm with Miles on this one! Redskins are about to close out the season with a 3 game win streak Not worried about Dallas, the Giants will take the last 2 games and the important one is against Dallas to win the division on the last game of the year.

Hail!

Skins up 17-0 in the 2nd quarter. running game looking like the 97 broncos. Hey where is this chat room you guys do?

On the bottom of the website there is a tool bar GSF, open it then hit the prompt on the left side. We're in there waiting for you.

The Skins look like they could be for real a year from now, or maybe in 2013.

Unbelievable that the Giants are playing this bad so late in the season. Normally i wouldn't say fire Coughlin but maybe that isn't a bad idea for them at this point.

Well, the wife isn't in the best of moods, but a little red wine will change that soon enough. I really enjoyed the hell out of this win. 99% of my family are Giants fans, so to sweep them keeps them quiet for an entire year....

Hell of an early Christmas present for me.

HTTR !

Enjoy Pete - you certainly nailed it today.

You always need a little luck to beat a team twice in a season and Hakeem Nicks dropping 2 TD passes certainly qualifies. I hate that we're killing our draft position but I can't really be upset with beating the Giants twice in a season. ;)

Very pleased with the way all three phases looked today.

Be nice if all Redskin fans were happy with the win.

Oh well, I know most of us are.

I'm probably damaged by the two blowouts I covered at the Meadowlands - a couple of the most painful roadtrips I'll likely ever experience. I really couldn't envision us winning this one. But obviously, I was dead wrong.

I'm probably damaged by the two blowouts I covered at the Meadowlands - a couple of the most painful roadtrips I'll likely ever experience. I really couldn't envision us winning this one. But obviously, I was dead wrong.

You were just going with the logic of the situation. On the road in the division is always in doubt, and these games normally come down to the line. No reason not to expect to loose.

I just had a good feeling about how the team has been playing the past few weeks, and how the Giants have been dropping games at home. Hey, every time I've gone to Tampa for a game, we've lost.... I don't go anymore I'm so shell shocked.

john_keim John Keim
Eli Manning posted a 56.8 passer rating in two games vs. Washington this season. Zero TDs, four ints. #redskins

For those who think losing is better for the team:

PR56 Perry Riley
Anybody have a broom!??? #SWEEP

Nobody said losing was good for 'morale'. That's really got nothing to do with whether or not winning games when there's no chance to make the playoffs will result in a better team next year or not.

It's a waste of time discussing it. The 'morale-ers' will argue winning breeds winning. The rest of us will argue we need a QB and all the 'morale' in the world won't help us in the coming years if we miss out on a franchise QB by a handful of draft position thoughts.

And no one is going to change their mind about what they think :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.