• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Day Thread: Redskins v Lions

Neophyte

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
More futility for Detroit in DC or will the Skins fall to 0-3 against a team they have owned for literally decades? Discuss the game here!

Inactives for today's game:

Detroit - Reggie Bush RB Inactive
Don Carey SS Inactive
Pat Edwards WR Inactive
Jason Fox T Inactive
Leroy Harris C Inactive
Kellen Moore QB Inactive
Devin Taylor DE Inactive

Washington -

Chris Baker DE Inactive
Fred Davis TE Inactive
Kai Forbath K Inactive
Rex Grossman QB Inactive
Jose Gumbs DB Inactive
Josh LeRibeus G Inactive
Evan Royster RB Inactive

Kyle stop abandoning the run, pound the rock !!!

So, they looking as bad as last week?

The critical mistakes and penalties are still there on offense but overall performance looked smoother to me.
Griff looks to be ready to come out of his funk and demonstrated much more mobility, Alf had some really good runs, Hank is looking a little more steady and Pierre n' Tana did their thing.

Defense kinda held up and came up with some points. Looks like Amerson is picking up his game but there are still some bonehead things going on in the back end and tackling suckage still rears it's ugly head.

Putting lipstick on a pig, the Skins should have had this one, offense turned it over in the red at least two times and we already know that the defense is currently far from dominant but they did give us some chances.

Last edited:
Deangelo 14 Redskins Offense 0 in first half scoring this year.

I was thinking the exact same thing during the game.
This stat is something that should not be forgotten, when people want to pin a large blame on Hall, for the defense's and overall team's failures, as long as the overall team is playing like this.

D Hall has been great here. He's been one of very few players who can step up and change a game quickly--especially when he's covering the top receivers in the league.

Well, he's been the best we've had in the secondary in a very long time. Is that fair enough?

Every week he lines up against the best receiver, and still makes big picks. That pick yesterday against Calvin Johnson was badass.

He got crushed at the line by Johnson, but didn't give up. Kept looking at the QB, and jumped the route, then reversed course quickly, and took it in for 6.

We haven't had another DB that could do that in forever.

Is he perfect? No. And he's getting older. But he brings it, and always draws the toughest assignments.

I can't stand D. Hall, but he is outscoring our offense 14-0 in the first quarter of games. :facepalm:

The problem with DHall beyond the lack of brainpower he occasionally makes evident is that he's wildly inconsistent. He tends to show up big against big name WRs but is equally likely to make marginal guys look like all pros.

He played well yesterday. But he will never be a guy you can totally rely on.

It really is patethic when you think about the lack of playmakers we've had at the CB position.

Shawn Springs could make a play.....but even he left in 2004.

Carlos couldn't catch anything while he was here.

It seems like forever (to me) since we've had a corner who could actually catch a ball. I have to at least give D Hall credit for that.

And you are right Mike, he's been the best in a pile of turds.

Ryan effing Clark. Dude would not have been a star, or even a great playmaker I don't think. But our Secondary would have been solid, and still would be. ****, I think there's a chance Sean might have... well. You know.

Bums me out majorly everytime I watch the Steelers and see him. I purposefully avoid them for that reason.

(and the fact that their fans are awful.)

Shawn Springs could make a play.....but even he left in 2004.

Shawn Shprings wash here a couple yearsh after that, but hish groin wouldn't cooperate.

I'll leave the Kelli Johnson jokes out of the thread.

Nick

The critical mistakes and penalties are still there on offense but overall performance looked smoother to me.
Griff looks to be ready to come out of his funk and demonstrated much more mobility, Alf had some really good runs, Hank is looking a little more steady and Pierre n' Tana did their thing.

Defense kinda held up and came up with some points. Looks like Amerson is picking up his game but there are still some bonehead things going on in the back end and tackling suckage still rears it's ugly head.

Putting lipstick on a pig, the Skins should have had this one, offense turned it over in the red at least two times and we already know that the defense is currently far from dominant but they did give us some chances.

Thanks for the great breakdown Tom. I think we're all conditioned enough from years of losing to help ease the sting. I suppose we're going in the right direction, kinda.

Not sure how they looked on the field but judging the box score Kyle coulda ran more. Morris should get 20 carries minimum.

it did have an andy reid feel to it...15 rushes and 50 pass attempts.

Yeah I hate when Kyle catches that whole run game amnesia. Then again I've got little faith in this o-line too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.