OF: WR Coach Keenan McCardell ... Art Monk's Wrong Jersey

One of many experimental iterations ...

Om

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia Tech

The Daily Redskin 1.28.10

According to reports, former WR Keenan McCardell is set to become the Redskins new Wide Receivers Coach.* Interestingly, his coaching resume consists of one year in the league as an intern. If nothing else, given the pace, it's a career development step worthy of a note and perhaps a little inquiry...

More...

Last edited:

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

Completely irrelevant aside: last year at the Houston Open golf tournament, I saw Keenan at the VIP tent. This was obviously before he was affiliated with the Redskins, but still kinda cool.

Jimbo

The Franchise Player
Reaction score

Oh, how I hate seeing pics of Monk in ANYTHING other than B&G and the gold HOF jacket.

As for McCardell, I loved him as a player and I wish we could have kept him around at the tail end of the Monk/Clark/Sanders years. If he can be a diamond in the rough as a coach like he was as a player, I think we'll be in good shape.

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

Mann already had a resume as a WR coach and worked under Allen at TB.

He must have said something to Shanahan that Mike didn't like not to get the gig and for the team to bring in a coaching newbie.

romberjo

The Rookie
Reaction score

For what it's worth, Mike Mayock was raving about McCardell's work as a receiver's coach at Senior Bowl practices. That made me feel a lot better about the newbie factor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0