• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

OF: Synaptic Shotgun 10.8.10 - TGIFBARG

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Remember the offseason? Remember how looooong it was?

Me too.

Thank god it's Friday before a Redskins game.

● I will keep beating this drum 'til there's reason to stop. Through four weeks the Redskins have yet to show they are capable of sound halftime adjustments. Whatever the cause, be it schematic, age or something else entirely, they have become a lesser team the longer the game progresses.

Four weeks is long enough to constitute a pattern.

Heading into Sunday's game against Green Bay, I fully expect the Redskins to be competitive on both sides of the ball in the first half. Maybe even a little better than that. It's what happens after that, when the Packers have had a chance to make adjustments at the half, that I will worry about until the game is decided.

Heading into the second quarter of the season, this has become my single biggest concern over not just the 2010 team; it has also raised (at this point still whispered) questions in my mind about the ability of this coaching staff to made effective in-game adjustments.

Alarmist? Let's hope so.

● When we last saw rookie LT Trent Williams, the Redskins were 1-0 and tied 27-27 with the Houston Texans with a minute-and-a-half left in game two. Williams was beaten for a sack on Donovan McNabb by Mario Williams and injured on the play.

On the subsequent play, a 3rd-and-20, his replacement, Stephon Heyer, was called for holding, negating a huge apparent 22-yard completion from McNabb to Santana Moss.

The offensive line has been surviving Williams' absence ever since, but not much more than that. Word is he's back on Sunday. If he plays at or near the level he was playing before the injury, it should mean only good things for a Redskins offense still trying to find its way (in the second half anyway).

● So...here we are at the 2010 season quarter pole. Let's check the standings...

CLICK HERE to read more

Nice write up Om.

With Aaron Rodgers coming to town, you have to be worried in what has become our anemic pass rush.

Whether it mis-timed blitzes or lack of personnel, we just do not pressure the QB enough.

If Rodgers has time to drink a cup of joe and read the Sunday paper....Katie bar the door...

I need a beer.........

Oh, look! My post was deleted by a mod.

Because it's cool if Om spams BGO and ExtremeSkins with identical new threads on a semi-daily basis, pimping his blog. Self promotion and cross-site spamming: cool. Clearly, what makes a site great and unique is a bunch of self-promoting threads that are cross-posted on rival sites.

Simply repeating what he does, verbatim, as a single post? You know ... to point how stupid and annoying this behavior is? Down the memory hole. Didn't happen. Bye-bye post. Thinnest skin on the Internet, Mark.

I was curious why hardly anyone posts on this site. Maybe it can be renamed Om Field? Just a suggestion.

What is your deal ASF?

I first edited your post, something I almost never do (because your ES signature was busting our template). Then I noticed you'd merely cut and pasted his original blog entry. Then I noticed you'd linked it to ES, where you'd done the exact same thing.

Do you have some kind of mental disorder ASF? Seriously?

All Om is doing is what every other blog writer out there (including Homer McFanboy, Skinscast, DC Pro Sports Report, etc, etc, etc...) is doing - which is trying to promote readers of the great stuff he works hard to produce. We allow other sites to promote their stuff here - in fact, we actively advertise for fellow Skins bloggers here with no tangible benefit for doing so. The ES staff know that both Mark and I post blog teasers on their site. They are friends of ours and we asked their approval before doing so. I'd say that makes it none of your concern.

Whatever pissing contest you have here, I'd suggest you take it elsewhere. If that's the best you can do, you aren't welcome here.

I deleted your post because it was spam. As for the cheap shot on BGO, we have a great and active membership. There are plenty of huge Redskins fan sites out there. That's never been our goal. Why you feel the need to come here and take shots at us (when to my knowledge we've never done anything to you, nor been anything but generous and welcoming to all comers here - till now that is) is a mystery.

I used to have some respect for you. I'd like an explanation, but don't expect one.

What is your deal ASF?

Do you have some kind of mental disorder ASF? Seriously?

Whatever pissing contest you have here, I'd suggest you take it elsewhere. If that's the best you can do, you aren't welcome here.

I used to have some respect for you. I'd like an explanation, but don't expect one.

I think I adequately explained my "mental disorder" in the post that survives above. That would the mental disorder of preferring that sites have a distinct identity, composed of new threads that are original to the site, written for the benefit of the members of that site (only). I also understand that some other bloggers promote their own blogs, but Om takes that practice to a uniquely annoying level through the frequency of new self-promoting threads, and his cross-posting these new threads on BGO and ExtremeSkins.

That's virtually the definition of spam. You'd see that if other factors didn't color your judgment.

As to the cheap shot at BGO, you're right, that was uncalled for. I apologize for that. At the same time, on some days the thread list here looks like a blog index for Om Field. I meant no offense to the members here, or you. I still think the practice degrades the site, but I understand my opinion is not the opinion that matters here.

Carry on. Nice looking site, and some good members here. I have no interest in a pissing contest, but I do have an interest in better Skins forums. You may not appreciate my approach, but my only interest here is to cut down on the cross-posted spam. If every new thread was cross-posted on both sites, there would be no reason for two sites.

You can read my blogs. Not too much interesting stuff in them and they ain't that funny or anything. :biggrin2:

Imho, there are a lot of good blogs on this site though and I love hearing from many fans as well as those who have various kinds of connections to the team.

ASF, from a regular members point of view, I appreciate Om posting links to his blogs here. I hardly ever visit ES anymore, and really enjoy his blogs, so if he didn't post a link, I probably wouldn't know about it. I write a blog once a week or so, and have considered posting links elsewhere, but haven't up to this point for insecurity reasons more than anything else. Not ready for primetime yet, I guess :).

Anyway, I remember reading your stuff on ES, you generally provide an interesting viewpoint with good research. I think it would be great if you posted here some too, I always enjoy good discussion!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

That is one strange dude.

Well this thread certainly got interesting.

Considering this is the only Redskins forum I frequent, I appreciate the fact that the Supreme Grand Poo-bah's allow bloggers from other sites to "pimp" themselves out. It allows the widest dissemination of all things Redskins.

I suppose if I belonged to all those other sites mentioned that I'd probably get annoyed with seeing the same stuff posted, too. But then I would just, um, you know, not click on them.

Am I missing something?

Considering this is the only Redskins forum I frequent, I appreciate the fact that the Supreme Grand Poo-bah's allow bloggers from other sites to "pimp" themselves out. It allows the widest dissemination of all things Redskins.

I suppose if I belonged to all those other sites mentioned that I'd probably get annoyed with seeing the same stuff posted, too. But then I would just, um, you know, not click on them.

Am I missing something?

No sir.

I've said it before, and I'm sincere, Om is my favorite writer. Any genre. Any style. Any format.

But ya know what? Sometimes, even I don't feeling like reading his stuff. It's usually when I'm in the mood not to have to think, or I don't have the desire to be entertained whilst learning something.

Strangely enough, when that happens. I can still come in here, enjoy a little lighter reading, look at some "random cool photos" or check out the "joke of the day." And I don't get any angry PM's stating that no one from my IP address has read today's Om Offering.

IMHO, BGO is designed to be different. Hell, that's not even an opinion. That's a fact. It's designed for in-depth news and discussion, great user content (I mean REAL content, and a REAL commitment to user-generation), to share member blogs, and to give us all the best picture, and biggest voice in what's actually going on with this team.

And all of that is done with a commitment to fostering an atmosphere of community that I haven't found anywhere else.

BGO might not be for everyone. Just like other Skins sites aren't for everyone. And ya know what? I'm just fine with that. And I figure the owners and staff are too.

But I know one thing for damned sure. BGO is for me. And I couldn't be happier to call this my Skins site. If it's not for you, then by all means, God bless you, and I hope you find a place that's more your style.

No, APB. But someone else clearly is.

But enough of that silliness.

Time to talk about the first place, 3-2 Redskins. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.