• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

OF: NFL Unrestricted Free Agent List: It's Okay to Look

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
The Daily (ahem) Redskin 2.19.10

The NFL has released the list of players scheduled to become 2010 unrestricted free agents on March 5 when, as of this writing, it appears the league will head into an uncapped season.

Redskins fans bring a unique mindset to the opening of the free agency period in 2010. For years in Washington, the advent of FA has proven an exercise in either elation or dismay, depending on ones' personal take, as the Redskins aggressively, successfully (in terms of getting players signed) and often dramatically plunged into the market.

More often than not, within the first 48 hours of the signing period the burgundy and gold have emerged as the NFL's undisputed Big Winner (or Big Loser) in the league.

Guess what. This year will be more of the same.

Only with a twist ...

More...

Last edited:
Well, I agree w/ Bulldogs Twin, I think Pashos would be a good sign if for nothing else than a little experience and some solid play at RT.

I also think we should re-sign Levi Jones. He would make a solid back-up if we indeed get one of the touted LT's in the draft.

I think we should re-sign Todd Yoder.

Dunta Robinson CB is a name that caught my eye.

believe it or not Levi Jones thinks he is in line for a starting job in the NFL and has said he won't take a deal to be a backup.

amazing considering the Skins took him off the junk heap in Week 8 last season.

but that's the way some players are.

Pashos at 30 on a 2 year deal gives the Redskins some breathing room to address LT and OG as well as QB/RB.

There aren't enough picks to rebuild the entire line through the draft, and the restricted free agents like McNeil are never going to be moved by their current teams.

My friends at that Packers forum I visit have been peppering me with Redskin related questions-I seem to have made the Redskins a recurring thread topic with them (God I feel so subversive!:)).

Anyway-they've been discussing their LT Chad Clifton-who will be UFA-and are "concerned" that the Redskins might try to spirit him away from them so much that they have been posting the idea of putting a transition or even franchise tag on him just to keep him around. He's 34 but did a creditable job-especially in the latter part of the season-of minimizing the tendency of Rodgers being plopped on his backside. I reassured them at first that that was unlikely-but with the possibility of a move to a 3-4 D, which Clifton worked in this season, I couldn't categorically say it was an impossibility.

Soooo....do I reassure them or is there a remote possibility that Clifton might wind up on the Redskin radar?

Thanks for the list. Was curious to see Denver and Houston had on the list to give me an idea of who we might pick up. Don't think Brandon Lloyd will be on that list.

Skimming over the list, Steve Neal's name popped out to me. Did he get hurt last year? I mainly looked at OL.

Well, I agree w/ Bulldogs Twin, I think Pashos would be a good sign if for nothing else than a little experience and some solid play at RT.

I also think we should re-sign Levi Jones. He would make a solid back-up if we indeed get one of the touted LT's in the draft.

I think we should re-sign Todd Yoder.

Dunta Robinson CB is a name that caught my eye.

BTW, I forgot to mention this, Elephant-Dunta Robinson's name jumped out to me as well-intriguing possibility there. I also tend to agree with you other suggestions.

Personally, I would like to see the Skins make a run at Leigh Bodden for CB. Let Rogers walk.

I think what we will see this year is that we will be dabbling in free agency, but that difference will be the types of players we will be going after.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.