• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

NFC East 2010 Season Preview

One of many experimental iterations ...

BGO

The NFC East belonged to the Philadelphia Eagles over most of the last decade. That all changed last season. Going ...

More...

Jugband McGillicuddy

The Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Army Marshall

I'm so sure the Redskins will win more than four games, that if they don't, I will burn every article of Skins gear I have; every hat, jersey, picture, autograph, EVERYTHING. Whatsmore, I will never leave my house without a visible Giants, Eagles AND Cowboys logo somewhere on my person at all times.

No ****ing way we win four or less. None.

:tantrum:

Sarge

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Air Force

I stopped taking the article seriously when he said Tony Romo has become a "elite" quarterback

SilentThreat

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

I stopped taking the article seriously when he said Tony Romo has become a "elite" quarterback

it's a typo... he added an extra "e" to elite... it's supposed to read "lite quarterback"

Sarge

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Air Force

I'm so sure the Redskins will win more than four games, that if they don't, I will burn every article of Skins gear I have; every hat, jersey, picture, autograph, EVERYTHING. Whatsmore, I will never leave my house without a visible Giants, Eagles AND Cowboys logo somewhere on my person at all times.

No ****ing way we win four or less. None.

:tantrum:
IMO, it's gonna be a rough year. New coach, new system, kinda new line, declining RB, 1 receiver worth a hoot and suspect D-line.

It's nice to have a professional back in charge, but it's gonna take awhile. I don't think we'll win any more than 8 games, probably six

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Indiana

Romo....elite QB?

Uh...right....

BTW, Sarge-here's a wild prediction for ya-we'll beat one team we shouldn't (on paper) and lose to one team we shouldn't (again, on paper).

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

I just find it incredibly amusing how the media is playing the Cowboys/ Super Bowl in their own stadium angle.

I will say this, the NFC East is over rated this year, last year too for that matter. In reality not one of the four are SB contenders.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Jimbo

The Franchise Player
Reaction score

I believe the Shanahans and a Defense that actually causes turnovers is worth five more victories than last season, minus one for a tougher schedule. I can see 8-8. Being a Skins fan, I wouldn't exactly be happy with it but I could accept it after last season. If we go 4-12 again, SOMEBODY'S head had better roll. :behead:

On a side note, few things piss me off more than a naysaying mediot who turns out to be right. I don't think this guy is one of them.

Lump Beefrock

The Rookie
Reaction score

VCU

I just find it incredibly amusing how the media is playing the Cowboys/ Super Bowl in their own stadium angle.
Nothing new here, man. Dallas love is everywhere, every year. Once the media personalities are proved wrong, it never comes back up.

And by the way, what a ridiculous read that was.

Last edited:

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

Nothing new here, man. Dallas love is everywhere, every year. Once the media personalities are proved wrong, it never comes back up.

And by the way, what a ridiculous read that was.

What is disgusting is that it is a media love affair only. Whenever I travel and I see NFL gear being sold, I always ask the vendor who the most popular team is. The Cowturds are never a top seller. It is always the Steelers, Packers or whoever the local team is. The Cowgirls have never been the most popular according to local vendors I have asked in various markets throughout the country.

Anyway, I see a crowded board in the NFC East. all 4 teams are likely in the .500 range, give or take. It will be interesting to see how Kolb handles things in Philthy.

Om

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia Tech

By the way, here's the "media" author of this piece:

Bob Whalon is a featured columnist for Player Press and was born and raised in the Philadelphia suburbs. He is an avid sports fan and currently lives in Souderton, PA with his wife and two kids
Always consider the source. :)

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

On NFL Live, Antonio Pierce just suggested the Redskins win the NFC East. They did a segment on the failings of the Cowgirls and Gnats with Darren Woodson and Pierce. Of course, Woodson was the homer we expect and picked the Cowgirls to win the NFC East suggesting their atrocious pre-season performance on kinks that need to be ironed out. Of course it has nothing to do with their terrible O-line. On the other hand, Pierce chose the Redskins basing his claim on the best QB in the Division, McNabb.

Although, in the next segment Woodson suggests the Redskins are legitimate contenders with Donovan at the helm but are in trouble if Rex has to come in.

Who knows? Just thought it was interesting to see Pierce give the Skins so much respect.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

:paranoid:
(in the video) King was making some sense....... wasn't nervous until now.
Ha! I was oblivious to the video since I was excited to see someone luvin' on the Skins in the written article.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0