• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

New poll: MVP of the offense

One of many experimental iterations ...

Spence

The Rookie
Reaction score

Yeah, it's sort of like being the tallest midget in the world, but we do these polls at this time every year, so please have a look at the nominees and vote in our new poll for the MVP of the Washington Redskins offense of 2009.

Read and vote now!

Spence

The Rookie
Reaction score

I voted for Jason Campbell. Moss has been a relative disappointment, I think, and Fred Davis didn't get enough playing time, though he did well when he did play. I thought Campbell did pretty well considering the level of talent around him.

riggins44

The Franchise Player
Reaction score

I went with Dockery. Almost voted "other" for Rabach. Dockery has been our most consistent lineman this year. Campbell played well, but had his moments. You never heard Dockery's name, which tells me he did his job.

Henry

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

I'd have to say Campbell but that's not saying much.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

Fred Davis is w/out a doubt my pick. I was surprised at how easily he filled in for Cooley when Cooley went down. In 9 games started, he has 42 receptions, well on track to equal any season Cooley has had.

InsaneBoost

The UDFA
Reaction score

Maryland

Jason Campbell, he's a strong leader for the offense. No matter how many times that kid was sacked, knocked down or even slammed down he got right back up and played.

He's a warrior.

Sarge

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Air Force

We shouldn't even give the award this year

Yusuf06

The Starter
Reaction score

Hmmm, that's a tough one. :new_idea: How about the scoreboard clock operator for $500? If he's good, he could probably shave a good 3 to 5 minutes off the playing time, thus giving us all back a few extra minutes of our lives. After that the pickings get awfully slim with regard to excellence on our offensive team.

Billfishead

The UDFA
Reaction score

Jason Campbell
I think Jason wins through default. He does get an A for effort though and I admire his work ethic.

Sarge

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Air Force

I don't know man. I mean, he came along, but early in the year, when the lne was "good", he was horrible

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

The line was never good. Both Thomas and Samuels entered the season with limiting injuries and the team was dominated up fron from the opener against the Giants forward.

That's one of Vinny Cerrato's half-lies.

He liked to talk about all the transition during the season up front but failed to mention the veterans' injuries PRE-DATED the start of the season.

And as such the team should have been smart enough to prepare better for the likelihood that backups would see action.

All the more reason NOT to hold a roster spot open for a player like Mike Williams that himself was not ready to play.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

beamish

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Army

i suppose you could give it to jason based on sheer guts alone, but does this offense really deserve mvp recognition?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0