• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

My thoughts about food and the entities that sell them.

SirClintonPortis

The Free Agent Vet
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Long story short, I neglected my gums for about 13 years and finally got a dental cleaning earlier this year. Damage was significant and one tooth is destined to get pulled at some point, although not yet. It still didn't sink in that my habits of yore had to go. I get a nasty abscess infection, probably because the gums were so inflamed the dentist could not finish the cleaning in one pass. One of the most painful experience ever and that left me finally getting flossing done and doing more to prevent things from happening again. Bought a Waterpik(which has bailed me out the many times I craved and devoured starch and sugary foods on a binge) and interdental brushes.

In my pursuit of teeth friendly foods, I realize that 99% of the aisles in the store are full teeth-unfriendly foods. My attempt to find teeth-friendly foods basically made me go into a quasi-keto or low carb diet, basically allowing only meat and certain vegetables(but not fruits) as foods that can be consistently be eaten. I drink lactose-free milk only because of the bailout provided by the Waterpik, otherwise I'd be stuck with water, soup, or bitter drinks like tea.

1. The field of nutrition is a mix of hustle and "facts", with much more hustle than facts.
2. Sugar and carbs remain a protected class of foods despite
3. Dentists are generally a predatory bunch. They actually have a similar system of incentives to auto mechanics, another occupation with a large population of predatory service providers.
4. The mainstream dogma’s dietary guidance results in sedentary people eating like athletes, with predictable results(obesity). Plus the very foods deemed as safest are also the ones that are addicting and make it hard to stop eating (sugar/carbs)
5. COVID-19 has punished those who ate in accordance with the sugar and food industry’s will, much like trans fats did 20 years ago. Those already obese, diabetic, etc are dead or suffered nasty infections. Those who holed up naturally overate their new lifestyle’s demands and ballooned up.
6. Vegetables, but not fruits, and organic meats that are not harmfully adulterated are the best foods to eat.
7. It’s extremely easy to binge carbs/sugar but not other energy sources. Carbs and sugar cravings are strong.
8. Lots of money to be made by multiple industries thanks to all of the above. The Peloton is the latest abomination to grace the world because of overeating. Dentists, are generally abominable salesmen. Big Pharma got a long line of drugs to make money from people. The statins, etc.
9. Money talks louder than ethics.
10. Exercise is in essence, after a certain point, wasted time and energy. A sort of “physical labor with no production”. One must be very well off in life to be able to commit time and money for nothing in return but a little boost to longevity, provided you are not eating garbage that offsets such gains.

DD3DD4CC-0DC9-43D6-B1B3-804D5A04E427.jpeg

Put some in your next batch of chili. It works :)

Let’s make an exception for 100% dark chocolate. Only problem is that it tastes horrible. Yep, tried out a bar. It was...an experience.

I really like it and eat 2 squares a day (for health purposes 😉). 65% is my upper limit though.

I remember my first beer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.