My latest colorization

Happy hour starts in 5 minutes

Miles Monroe

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

I just finished this one up, and took a few liberties like removing the blurred man walking on the sidewalk, and put in a better sky from one of my file photos.

Gary, with luck, some of the stuff gave me will finally be getting done. Anyhow, here's a before and after.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Man....I just love this stuff Pete! You still have the site featuring your stuff up and running?

Miles Monroe

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Man....I just love this stuff Pete! You still have the site featuring your stuff up and running?
Never went live with it because of the impending surgery on the right hand. This is the first piece I've done since I had the surgery. Hand feels great, and I made a bunch of changes on the site. I'm almost done, and should go live some time in the next few days. Most likely Monday.

I'm heading out Saturday to shoot a bike event in Tampa, and will likely be processing stuff Sunday, so a few quick tweaks on the site and I'm good to go for Monday.

Last edited:

Miles Monroe

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Now that is cool stuff. Very nice. What program do you use?
Don't laugh, but I'm using the least expensive Adobe photo shop product out there called elements. I think it was about 70 bucks. I'm looking into a drawing tablet to use in conjunction with the mouse, but there about a grand used.

I can get a copy of the higher end Photo shop from a buddy, but I get good quality now, so why re-learn another group of controls. The work has evolved over time, and I used a new technique on much of this photo. It's hard to tell being this is actually a low res copy, but there's a lot of texturing on the main building. You can't see a lot of the detail, like the white lace details on some of the window coverings. This is 150 PPI, and the master copy 490.

Burgundy Burner

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia

Hey, no laughing here at all. There are many software programs that are inexpensive and can do the job. I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio for the small videos that I create and it is one of the best out there - less than $60 too and outperforms other programs that cost hundreds more. Another program that downloads YouTube videos and can convert to any video or audio format is free - it is awesome. No need for any other software to do this job.

Anyway - love the pic and look forward to seeing many more.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

Kudos Pete! Looks great!

I understand about learning new programs, but I finally broke down and got Adobe Lightroom and couldn't be more pleased! It is still a learning process 6 months later, but I love it!

Miles Monroe

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Kudos Pete! Looks great!

I understand about learning new programs, but I finally broke down and got Adobe Lightroom and couldn't be more pleased! It is still a learning process 6 months later, but I love it!
Thanks E. I just saw Lightroom with $200 off, but even with that discount, I just can't justify it right now.

Miles Monroe

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Hey, no laughing here at all. There are many software programs that are inexpensive and can do the job. I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio for the small videos that I create and it is one of the best out there - less than $60 too and outperforms other programs that cost hundreds more. Another program that downloads YouTube videos and can convert to any video or audio format is free - it is awesome. No need for any other software to do this job.

Anyway - love the pic and look forward to seeing many more.
Here's a preview:
Sight Image Works

Of course, I'll upgrade once I go live so there's no Wix adds and I'll have my own domain.

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score

Army

Man, that's some really awesome work. Being a huge art nerd and big into it myself, I always love seeing stuff like this that people can do, it's amazing.

riggins44

The Franchise Player
Reaction score

That's the last thing I need at this point LOL I figure I have about 25 or 30 that have good potential I haven't even thought about working on.
LOL...but you need something to do while your daughter is out and about. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0