Matt Terl fired

One of many experimental iterations ...

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

Man, Dan Snyder loves to fire each and every good person working for him. Weisman, Terl, Donovan, and a few others. What is wrong with this man? In the history of anything, has there ever been someone who's made every possible wrong decision in his job like Snyder has? Literally every single decision he's ever made has been bad. I can't think of one thing he's done that's been good.

This has got me fired up...I'm really effing pissed right now. Pretty sure I'm not coming to any games this year after this move - don't want to put any more of my money in Snyder's pocket. What an ass!

(Link - read twitter.com)

Call me Ismail

The Rookie
Reaction score

Man, Dan Snyder loves to fire each and every good person working for him. Weisman, Terl, Donovan, and a few others. What is wrong with this man? In the history of anything, has there ever been someone who's made every possible wrong decision in his job like Snyder has? Literally every single decision he's ever made has been bad. I can't think of one thing he's done that's been good.

This has got me fired up...I'm really effing pissed right now. Pretty sure I'm not coming to any games this year after this move - don't want to put any more of my money in Snyder's pocket. What an ass!

(Link - read twitter.com)
The guy made his money in the 1990s and was l ucky enough to cash out at the right time.

He doesn't have a clue about people, nor business

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score

James Madison

Dick move. Why wait until right before the season starts? Terl did a nice job I thought, one of the good guys.

Chris

The Owner's Favorite
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Working for Snyder must be as relaxing as playing a game of russian roulette.

Burgundy Burner

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia

Did you ever stop to think that your anger could be misplaced? Who makes the football decisions?

Think about it.

Just saying.

Burgundy Burner

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia

Hehehe. Mike Shanahan works for the team, which falls on the business side.

Don't be surprised if we find out at some point that this decision was made by the coach.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

While I can't say I was a big fan of Mr. Terl, he was a nice enough guy the couple of times I met him. I will say there is something cosmically wrong with the Universe if the Redskins discharge Mr. Terl while Jason LaConfora is still employed with the NFL Network.

God Bless you on your future endeavors Mr. Terl.

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

Hehehe. Mike Shanahan works for the team, which falls on the business side.

Don't be surprised if we find out at some point that this decision was made by the coach.
You've got to be kidding with this post. How in the world does the position of "team blogger" fall under football operations?

SNF

The Starter
Reaction score

You've got to be kidding with this post. How in the world does the position of "team blogger" fall under football operations?
Isn't everyone kidding in this thread? Since when does an owner of an organization give a rats ass about a blogger? I'll make an educated guess and say that Mr. Terl did not report directly to Mr. Snyder, nor even have much contact at all with him over the course of his tenure with the Washington Redskins.

SNF

The Starter
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong though. I appreciated his work and enjoyed talking to him at a couple of tailgates. I'll miss his blog and I hope to see him at tailgates in the future. I just don't see how there's a direct Dan Snyder connection here.

Matt, thanks for your work and good luck in the future. I'm sure you'll do well.

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

Isn't everyone kidding in this thread? Since when does an owner of an organization give a rats ass about a blogger? I'll make an educated guess and say that Mr. Terl did not report directly to Mr. Snyder, nor even have much contact at all with him over the course of his tenure with the Washington Redskins.
Who else would fire him other than Snyder? Donovan's replacement? If so, it still falls on Snyder for hiring the person who canned him.

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

How many people have been fired in this country over the last few years?

Larry Michael didn't fire them all, did he?

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Indiana

There's also the possibility that this is simply the result of a business/marketing/sales change-up in which Terl is simply collateral damage and not necessarily a target.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0