• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Matching 2010

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Do you guys realize that today, challenges or not, we matched our performance for all of 2010?

We won our 2nd home game.

2. That's the total number of home games we won in 2010. Period.

Kind of puts things in their proper perspective, doesn't it?

You're welcome.

Thank you - I guess you say that after someone pats himself on the back. :)

Things are off to a good start. If we can steal one next Monday, it will be huge. Still breathing a sigh of relief after today though.

There is no doubt in my mind we lose that game last year, and certainly under Zorn as well. Resilience.

It's nice to see, isn't it?

No patting of backs involved. I'm simply sharing something Grossman mentioned in his post-game comments.

Absolutely awesome.

However, I feel compelled to provide a little bit of the OTHER end of the perspective spectrum. The Buffalo Bills are also 2-0. Sorry. lol

A nice stat indeed. I've been saying all along that if this team can win a minimum of 5 games at home and at least split their division games, they should be able to scoreboard watch in December with purpose because a wildcard berth would be within reach. Also, if we can steal one next week at Dallas against a team who is now on a high after their come-from-behind win in 'Frisco, we'll have matched our division wins total from a year ago. Imagine that - possibly matching two things from a year ago in three weeks that took us 16 to do last year. We are definitely on the right track...I think.

It's not about the 2-0. It's about already matching last year's home record.

That is not without significance imho.

Boone, there is a difference in the team chemistry that is palpable and it shows in how hard they play and refuse to surrender a loss without a hell of a fight. Being 2-0 at home in two games is at least partly attributable to that-along with the most dynamic and explosive and fun-to-watch bunch of players we've had in years. It was a tough, hard fought, come-from-behind win-the kind we haven't been able to grab in a while.

Feels good to see us doing that.

Absolutely awesome.

However, I feel compelled to provide a little bit of the OTHER end of the perspective spectrum. The Buffalo Bills are also 2-0. Sorry. lol

HH, there are several teams, like the Bills, Panthers, maybe the Browns that are going to have to have their names taken off the bottom-feeder list before this season is even half over I suspect.

No patting of backs involved. I'm simply sharing something Grossman mentioned in his post-game comments.

Man, he's one restless SOB on the podium, but I guess when you're under a microscope, most folks would be....

HH, there are several teams, like the Bills, Panthers, maybe the Browns that are going to have to have their names taken off the bottom-feeder list before this season is even half over I suspect.

For sure. Carolina has no business being 0-2, IMO. Frankly, I didn't expect Cam Newton to be a pure NFL passer. In the games I watched him play last year, he seemed pretty inaccurate. Clearly my evaluation of college QBs needs a metric ****-ton of work! :laugh:

Impressive win for the Browns as well, though it's becoming clear that Indy is a one-man team. And I love what the Bills are doing. They have some great fans, and they've been suffering just like we have. Good for them.

Back on topic, I'm immensely impressed with our squad, and the home field advantage we're getting from fans that are beginning to EXPECT to win. Anyone that hasn't been to FedEx in a while needs to go this year. The entire vibe of the place is just completely different. I hope that it's becoming a building that opposing teams loathe visiting, like RFK was.

This is the same type of game last year that we played against Houston. After a big divisional win we were facing a tough game against a team that we just weren't sure how good they were/could be. Last year we didn't dominate Houston, but we were definitely in charge most of the game. It came down to the wire and Houston was able to win it as our defense melted down. This year, with time ticking away, our defense came up huge, we all know how it ended last year.

I got a feeling that Dallas is going to try to focus some double teams against Kerrigan next week that is going to free Rak for a 3 sack game. Romo is gonna get hurt next week!

Anyone that hasn't been to FedEx in a while needs to go this year. The entire vibe of the place is just completely different. I hope that it's becoming a building that opposing teams loathe visiting, like RFK was.

The fan noise was loud on my LAPTOP today. I believe you that Fed Ex is rocking. Awesome to hear.

The fan noise was loud on my LAPTOP today. I believe you that Fed Ex is rocking. Awesome to hear.

Yeah, last week when I was in the suite, I was kinda sad that I wasn't a part of it. That stadium was louder than I had ever seen it! Heard it? :laugh:

It is, but it's even more than that. I've searched for the words to explain it, but I can't. Just the faces, the buzz, the confidence, all of it. Before the game even started last week, I could just feel that our building was tangibly different. I was walking into a stadium where the Redskins were about to play the Giants, and it seemed like all 85,000 of us KNEW we were going to win.

When I was a kid, I had that feeling. "Hmm...Who are the Redskins gonna beat today?" Losing never crossed my mind before a game. I'm slowly getting back to that point. And it's awesome because that's something that feeds on itself. The more we feel that way, and it actually happens, the more intense that aura will become.

I think that's what's missing at FedEx. Sure, it's a big concrete bowl. It doesn't have much personality. But ya know what other stadium was like that? RFK. As a building, that place was a dump. But it was our dump. And it was a dump that you didn't want to come into in an opposing team's colors. I think if we build a tradition at FedEx, starting now, someday we'll be in a new stadium, looking back at FedEx with the same fondness we have for RFK now.

E it was loud last week but last year or the year before against Dallas was the loudest I've ever heard that stadium, much louder than last week. It was rockin and shakin like RFK used to as well, fans have finally figured out the noise makers built into the structure of the stadium and folks were jumping up and down in unison screaming bloody murder like the RFK days of old. It was amazing, and that stadium can rock when the crowd actually engages for a full game something I had wondered for some time if it was possible.

E it was loud last week but last year or the year before against Dallas was the loudest I've ever heard that stadium, much louder than last week. It was rockin and shakin like RFK used to as well, fans have finally figured out the noise makers built into the structure of the stadium and folks were jumping up and down in unison screaming bloody murder like the RFK days of old. It was amazing, and that stadium can rock when the crowd actually engages for a full game something I had wondered for some time if it was possible.

You mean for the win last season for the opener or a couple years ago when we held Marion Barber to 0 yards rushing? Because the year before last was the worst game experience I have ever had as a Redskins' fan when Dallas fans outnumbered Skins' fans by half time! I was disgusted!

I can't say how loud it was last week, I was inside for the game, but last year's game to beat Dallas was loud! It's just nice to see the fans so involved again.

You mean for the win last season for the opener or a couple years ago when we held Marion Barber to 0 yards rushing? Because the year before last was the worst game experience I have ever had as a Redskins' fan when Dallas fans outnumbered Skins' fans by half time! I was disgusted!

I can't say how loud it was last week, I was inside for the game, but last year's game to beat Dallas was loud! It's just nice to see the fans so involved again.

I was upper-deck endzone for that game, and I could literally feel the stands shaking. And when I watched the replay of the telecast, the cameras were shaking too. That game was unreal.

This is the same type of game last year that we played against Houston. After a big divisional win we were facing a tough game against a team that we just weren't sure how good they were/could be. Last year we didn't dominate Houston, but we were definitely in charge most of the game. It came down to the wire and Houston was able to win it as our defense melted down. This year, with time ticking away, our defense came up huge, we all know how it ended last year.

I got a feeling that Dallas is going to try to focus some double teams against Kerrigan next week that is going to free Rak for a 3 sack game. Romo is gonna get hurt next week!

we had a big lead in that game late in the third and blew it

I wanna see itrockin in an NFC championship game with side by side comparisons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.