Laron Landry. More rippled than Robert McCune ?

One of many experimental iterations ...

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Yeah - they were showing him on ESPN - I swear he looks like the Hulk. Now if he could just stay healthy and play as well as he looks.

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

He's in love...

...with himself.

If I never have to watch him talk trash again to an opponent that just picked up another first down, it'll be too soon.

He needs to work on his brain muscles. If he has any.

Yusuf06

The Starter
Reaction score

...which is actually a good thing because we all know how McCune's career just totally blew UP!!!

In fairness I have to admit that I'd kill to have bi/triceps even close to Landry's.

GSF

The Starter
Reaction score

He looks rediculous to me. I can't imagine how all of those muscles could help him with things like quickness, agility, balance ect.

burgold

The Team Captain
Reaction score

He looks rediculous to me. I can't imagine how all of those muscles could help him with things like quickness, agility, balance ect.
Which is why he is so often injured. Body builders look impressive, but they are not the greatest athletes usually.

More, he's had one great half season and a lot of up and down, refuses to follow doctor or team medical advice, and is probably now to big for his body. I still would not mind giving him a shot on a one year contract, but I wouldn't offer him much... especially since at last report he still can't run.

Dead Money

, Mike Wise HATE'r
Reaction score

Wow! He must be doing the Adam Archuleta workout! OMG!

Jugband McGillicuddy

The Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Army Marshall

I think his main problem (well, physically) is that his joints can't handle his bulk. It's one thing to be big, but that's just ridiculous. I think his own muscle mass is overloading his joints and tendons.

ntotoro

The Pro Bowler
Reaction score

If you all have never seen the guy up-close, he's not a huge dude. I know pics show he's more ripped than a Grateful Dead concert-goer, but he has a small/medium frame.

He and I had a chat a couple years ago at the Outback in Sterling one night as his little girl and my son were doing the kid/flirty thing. Very unassuming guy and not very intimidating in street clothes, but fairly personable to me as a stranger (this was a couple days after the Philly game when Smoot attempted to make a tackle at the goal line and LaRon kept whoever the WR was from scoring a TD at the end of the game).

Some builds can handle all that bulk, some can't. I don't believe for a second he's totally natural, either. Those are two reasons why he's having joint/ligament problems, although HGH is supposed to aid in achilles recovery, so what do I know...

Nick

Last edited:

NavyDave

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Navy

People!! Just do some sit ups and push ups, lift some weights.

A diet consisting of grilled, Boneless, skinless chicken breast, baked fish, arugula w/ olive oil and diet Dr Pepper will give you a body just like his. :rolleyes: :)

Henry

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Big Mike echoed my thoughts exactly. Looks like David Boston part deux.

They were talking about him on 980 yesterday about how obsessed he is with working out, that he works out so much he doesn't give himself recovery time and he's basically destroying his muscles long-term. I don't know if that's true or not but those pics are troubling ...

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

We will see what happens this year - if he signs a one-year deal with someone (Washington or otherwise) and then plays less than a handful of games, methinks the writing is on the wall for #30.

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Florida State

This guy is about out of here. Rumors spreading today that he just quietly had surgery on his hand.

His body is falling apart--likely from HGH in my opinion.

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Goodbye Hormone Boy. Thanks for nothing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0