• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

KDT: 'Skins Sign New Kicker/Specialty Coach

KDawg

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Alma Mater
College at Brockport
ASHBURN, Va. - As Kai Forbath, former UCLA kicker, took the field at Redskin Park Thursday there was an eerie feeling that loomed. The fourteenth kicker signed by the club in the last thirteen years was surrounded by the same aura as the rest of the lot. It was a feeling of hope, or perhaps, hopelessness. Forbath has the unenviable job of attempted to reverse the "curse" that many locals around here believe has existed since 1999. The general vibe in the local area is that it didn't matter which of the three kickers that the Redskins brought in for a tryout were signed. Whether it was Josh Brown, Olindo Mare, or Kai Forbath, each of them would have to contend with Special Teams Coach Danny Smith.

"It's execution, man. It's execution," said Special Teams captain Lorenzo Alexander. Alexander has been a Redskins Special Teams standout for several years now, and has a close relationship with Smith. "Everyone says [Danny] is responsible for all of this. But it starts and ends with us. He can't get on the field and block people. We need to be held accountable as players."

And while that is true, Coach Mike Shanahan didn't necessarily believe that to be the case.

"We've gone ahead and hired a guy to work with Kai on escape and evade techniques."

A follow up was asked if he meant in regards to escaping pressure on field goal attempts, and Shanahan further refined his answer, "No. Not at all. We hired the guy to keep him away from [Smith]."

Shocking words from the head coach, but it was much easier to wrap your head around those words when Kai was seen executing a double backflip somersault manuever to evade Smith as he approached him in practice.

All of the above is property of KDawg Times News, and shouldn't be redistributed without their knowledge

For those curious, I've done a solid amount of research and found the guy's name that they hired to work with Kai... His name is Hiden Gosikh.

(Yes, I posted all of this stellar info on the other site, but I thought you guys should know. It's important :laugh:)

If we all repeat this a bunch of times, any chance it will turn out to be true?

If we all repeat this a bunch of times, any chance it will turn out to be true?

Are you trying to say KDT isn't a reliable news source? :(

Gotta say, I'm a little disappointed that none of you have talked about Hiden Gosikh yet. He's extremely reputable!

Even Danny Smith can't screw up the awesome that is, Kai Forbath.

But at least the new coach won't cost us anything.

Cause he's Ollie Ollie, and therefore, income free.

the-three-stooges-football.jpg

How'd you get exclusive practice footage?

Wow, you actually had me believing, up until the next to last paragraph.

And it's not because I'm gullible. It's due to the sad state of the franchise, that it's actually believable they would do such a thing. And actually have set a precedent for it in the past.

you got me.
thats what i get for not reading an entire thread

blah. i'm pleading the same defense as fear...

For those curious, I've done a solid amount of research and found the guy's name that they hired to work with Kai... His name is Hiden Gosikh.

Yeah, and Danny Smith's name in Chinese is Owatana Siam.

Twitter blowing up with tales of exageration and kicker love:

Kai Forbath absolutely crushing kicks in pre-game warmups. Just hit a 58-yarder with some room to spare. #Redskins
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
1m Redskins ‏@Redskins

New #Redskins K Kai Forbath just kicked a 59-yard FG to complete his warmup routine. #HTTR
1m Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_TandlerCSN

Redskins in burgundy jerseys and "gold" pants.
1m Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen
Kai Forbath just connected from 60 yards in warm-ups to conclude his pre-game kicking session. Was also good from 55.

Twitter blowing up with tales of exageration and kicker love:

Kai Forbath absolutely crushing kicks in pre-game warmups. Just hit a 58-yarder with some room to spare. #Redskins
1m Redskins ‏@Redskins

New #Redskins K Kai Forbath just kicked a 59-yard FG to complete his warmup routine. #HTTR
1m Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_TandlerCSN

Redskins in burgundy jerseys and "gold" pants.
1m Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen
Kai Forbath just connected from 60 yards in warm-ups to conclude his pre-game kicking session. Was also good from 55.

Okay, so how do we know if this information is true or not, since it was posted in a joke thread

I guess you could go on twitter. I dunno. Just seemed like a good place to put it.

Here's another good one....

Chris Russell ‏@fakeC_Russell
TEXT from Graham Gano: "Cundiff was a Pre-Game All-Star, too." #redskins RT @MikeJonesWaPo Kai Forbath made 4 of 5 FGs in warmup.

Sux to be you. Football is its only use IMO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.