• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Joe Paterno Dead

Happy hour starts in 5 minutes

Neophyte

Super Bowl MVP
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

His death certificate will likely read lung cancer was the cause of death but I will always think it was Jerry Sandusky and the scandal that killed him.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

His death certificate will likely read lung cancer was the cause of death but I will always think it was Jerry Sandusky and the scandal that killed him.
I gotta agree with this. That is just too much for a man in his physical condition to recover from.

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score

Army

Agreed. They ran that poor bastard through the ringer and robbed him of the little bit of life he had left, because of some child molesting pervert that worked for him. He obviously should have handled it a lot differently, and immediately fired Sandusky, but they still piled 100% of the blowback on him unnecessarily.

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Florida State

Edit:

I feel badly for his wife, kids and friends. Best wishes to them.

Last edited:

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Not the time or place for that discussion and you might as well go directly to the PA forum as it will end up there anyway.

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Florida State

Not the time or place for that discussion and you might as well go directly to the PA forum as it will end up there anyway.
No offense intended. My apologies.

Neophyte

Super Bowl MVP
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

I'm with Boone on this. I realize I sort of started it but this isn't where I meant for my comment or this thread to go.

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score

Army

It's ok Neo. I think we all pretty agree this case was handled sloppy and none of us knows more than what was reported, so no need to really discuss that aspect of it much further.

RIP Joe
(I was never a Penn State fan at all, but he earned the respect he gets)

Lanky Livingston

Not sure how realistic it was, but I love the fact that Joe Pa put together a competitive program every year, while still putting education first. Should be the way it is in all colleges. In that, he was a shining example.

RIP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users