• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Jerry Jones: Window Is Closing On Romo To Win A Super Bowl

Oh he's absolutely right. The nucleus of the current Cowboys team has been together a while, and has experienced enough success (4 straight winning seasons and a couple division titles from '06-'09) to justify not breaking it up completely and starting over. But clearly it's starting to fade. 6-10 in 2010. 8-8 in 2011. They are running out of time.

Romo is good enough to keep them competitive for awhile longer, but I don't know that they have enough to take it to the next level. In that respect the cap penalty they took might actually be worse for them than for us. We were under anyway and our QB is 22 and we have years to go before we have to worry about our window closing (assuming it ever opens). But the clock is ticking on the Cowboys. Their talent is not young.

I wonder if it has ever occurred to Jerruh that the way he has run that team may have something to do with their inability to meet such "high hopes?"

Somehow I doubt it.

One playoff win in 15 years:

1997 - No
1998 - No
1999 - No
2000 - No
2001 - No
2002 - No
2003 - No
2004 - No
2005 - No
2006 - No
2007 - No
2008 - No
2009 - Yes, against an injury plagued Eagles team.
2010 - No
2011 - No
I feel like joining a Cowboys forum just to have this as my sig :laugh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.