• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Jaworski tossed from MNF crew

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
From the files of 'WTF'...

ESPN, in a brilliant decision, decides intelligence, insight, and even-handed analysis have no place in the broadcast booth.

Really head-scratching decision for me? I love Jaws.

Maybe there's more to this than is initially apparent - I hope so, because I can't make sense of the decision to cut him loose.

This is a bonehead move, IMHO. Jaws is one of the best color guys (maybe THE best) color guys in the business right now.

Maybe he will end up on Fox's second or 3rd tier squads so we won't have to suffer through them again this year. Or even better, he could replace diedork as the #2 broadcast analyst on CBS. If I truly had a say in the matter, he would replace Collinsworthless, but that would be asking too much wouldn't it?

In a world of terrible announcers/color guys, he stands above most. Now who will they get to counter Gruden's flip=flop analysis.

Just read an article that said he would likely remain in studio. I hope he goes elsewhere. Pompous? Yeah probably, but he is so mich better than so many out there.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Jaws is one of my favorite football talking heads. He's not the first guy I'd axe from that crew.

CBS - you have a replacement for Dumb Dierdorf now. Go for it.

FOX - you have a replacement for Brian Billick. Go for it.

Maybe he comes across that way to you Mike, but from my experience you're way off. When I was covering games for ES, I was in the food area outside the pressbox pre-Giants shellacking of us and saw Jaworski. I was just going to leave him alone and try not to be a 'fanboy' in the pressbox. He started chatting me up. He obviously knew I was some fringe media guy, but he was one of the nicest folks I ever met during my NFL wannabe time covering games. He's a great guy. Granted, just one experience, but I just get the feeling that's who he is. I dont think he's got a pompous bone in his body. He predicted a big Redskins win. I saw him from a distance after the game (we got crushed) as we were leaving and he did an exaggerated shrug for me.

I'm thinking he didn't exude enough "personality", "charisma", enough of the "Hey, I'm a TV guy aren't you impressed?!?" ego I see and, unfortunately, have to hear from the Collingsworth types. He was too much an analyst, not enough of an entertainer, IMO. He wasn't "pretty" or glib or what I refer to as "Hollywood smooth."

I liked him, naturally.

He got a new deal from ESPN. My guess is they will give Gruden a new deal to keep him in the booth versus leaving for a coaching job. I'm sure there a couple jobs he would like if they became available.

I wonder if this had anything to do with it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a7OTNKhd9s[/media]

Pretty pathetic if so, ESPN is a cable channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.