Jaworski tossed from MNF crew

The NFL is king. Feel free to pay your respects.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

From the files of 'WTF'...

ESPN, in a brilliant decision, decides intelligence, insight, and even-handed analysis have no place in the broadcast booth.

Really head-scratching decision for me? I love Jaws.

Maybe there's more to this than is initially apparent - I hope so, because I can't make sense of the decision to cut him loose.

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

This is a bonehead move, IMHO. Jaws is one of the best color guys (maybe THE best) color guys in the business right now.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

Maybe he will end up on Fox's second or 3rd tier squads so we won't have to suffer through them again this year. Or even better, he could replace diedork as the #2 broadcast analyst on CBS. If I truly had a say in the matter, he would replace Collinsworthless, but that would be asking too much wouldn't it?

In a world of terrible announcers/color guys, he stands above most. Now who will they get to counter Gruden's flip=flop analysis.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

Just read an article that said he would likely remain in studio. I hope he goes elsewhere. Pompous? Yeah probably, but he is so mich better than so many out there.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Henry

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Jaws is one of my favorite football talking heads. He's not the first guy I'd axe from that crew.

Burgundy Burner

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia

CBS - you have a replacement for Dumb Dierdorf now. Go for it.

FOX - you have a replacement for Brian Billick. Go for it.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Maybe he comes across that way to you Mike, but from my experience you're way off. When I was covering games for ES, I was in the food area outside the pressbox pre-Giants shellacking of us and saw Jaworski. I was just going to leave him alone and try not to be a 'fanboy' in the pressbox. He started chatting me up. He obviously knew I was some fringe media guy, but he was one of the nicest folks I ever met during my NFL wannabe time covering games. He's a great guy. Granted, just one experience, but I just get the feeling that's who he is. I dont think he's got a pompous bone in his body. He predicted a big Redskins win. I saw him from a distance after the game (we got crushed) as we were leaving and he did an exaggerated shrug for me.

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Indiana

I'm thinking he didn't exude enough "personality", "charisma", enough of the "Hey, I'm a TV guy aren't you impressed?!?" ego I see and, unfortunately, have to hear from the Collingsworth types. He was too much an analyst, not enough of an entertainer, IMO. He wasn't "pretty" or glib or what I refer to as "Hollywood smooth."

I liked him, naturally.

riggins44

The Franchise Player
Reaction score

He got a new deal from ESPN. My guess is they will give Gruden a new deal to keep him in the booth versus leaving for a coaching job. I'm sure there a couple jobs he would like if they became available.

SkinsFTW

The Free Agent Vet
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

I wonder if this had anything to do with it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a7OTNKhd9s[/media]

Pretty pathetic if so, ESPN is a cable channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0