• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I've been around

Docsandy

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let people know I've been around lurking. 2015 hasn't been good to me so far. As some of you know, I had to have Taz euthanized in February because the cancer was just taking away his quality of life (and he had lost 20 pounds in less than 2 years... for a dog, that's a LOT)... I still miss him :(.

Most, or at least some of you, know that I am co-chairman of a SciFi convention in Baltimore every year (President's day weekend) (which is the weekend I had Taz euthanized.. I wanted my Maryland vet to do this one last thing for me)... well I got into conventions because of Star Trek. DeForest Kelley (Dr. McCoy) and his wife and I were really good friends and we raised $350 for his charity (North Shore Animal League) in Taz's memory that weekend with just one autographed picture I had and two of his poems. They have a DeForest Kelley and Carolyn Kelley memorial fund there. Then a week after the con, Leonard Nimoy died. I only briefly met him once at DeForest Kelley's Memorial Tribute at Paramount, so while it was a loss, I didn't feel emotional about it, but then Harve Bennett, the person responsible for resurrecting Star Trek after Star Trek The Motion Picture... he was responsible for Star Trek II, III and IV (as well as Bionic Woman, 6 Million Dollar Man, A Woman Called Golda and a number of other great TV miniseries).. he and I were friends and he died not long after Leonard Nimoy.

Then as some of you know, my niece, a big, big Redskins fan, died. Her parents had to turn off life support and my brother is going through a bad time right now. I talk to him often. Cheryl and I were close, probably one of the closest of my nieces/nephews, and it's a tough one.

I haven't been following free agency therefore as much as I normally would. I hope we have improved the team and I hope the O-line gets something to protect whatever QB is back there (though I am still a backer of RG3 if he can pull himself together and do what I believe he can do).

In any event, for everyone that expressed their condolences here or on Facebook, I do appreciate it. I showed anything related to Cheryl to my brother.

I just hope 2015 gets better fast. There will be a couple more angels up there watching over the Redskins and either cheering or cussing with us as the season draws near and goes on.

Good to hear from you ...

Hang in there, m'lady.

Thinking good thoughts for you, sister.

~~~~~~~

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for all the tough stuff you have had this year. Prayers for emotional healing and a return to great days again!

Thanks for all the kind words all. It has been a tough year already... just go forward.. I'm trying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.