• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Is this a Raheem Morris 'Revenge' Game?

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
I've barely heard it mentioned, but it was just a short time ago, January 2nd, 2012 to be exact, that Raheem Morris was dumped as head coach of the Tampa Bay Bucs.

Could Morris' return to Tampa Bay be a significant factor in the outcome of today's game?

Morris' summary dismissal from his head coaching job was no shocker, but it had to feel unfair on a lot of fronts. Morris was being asked, not just to be the head coach in his first gig as an 'up and coming' wunderkind of 35 years, but we forget was also serving dual roles as defensive coordinator for the Bucs. While he managed to get them to 10-6 in 2010, his fortunes were inescapably tied to the development of Josh Freeman. When that development stalled, and the Bucs started looking more like Bucs teams from the 1970's (you know, the ones who wore the dreamsicle uniforms), including losing streaks of 10 or more games in a row, Morris and his entire staff was shown the door.

That should have been expected, but I think Morris (much like Jim Zorn) was put in an untenable position to begin with as a brand new coach.

Today, Morris returns to his former home. Does our secondary have the game of it's 2012 season today - do they 'win one for the Gipper'? Or does Morris' return to Tampa have zero bearing on the game?

Wouldn't it be interesting if Raheem was given play calling duties against his old team?

Please don't mention any of our coaches in the same sentence with Jim Zorn, ever again. :)

In fact, can we get a moratorium on the words 'Jim' and 'Zorn' together? LOL

Getting an INT or two against Freeman would be a nice gesture on our part. :)

I hope so. I really hope so. If we can come out of September with a 2-2 record, we will feel so much better about things heading into October.

What I'd like to see, is Raheem take that revenge against offenses for the rest of the season, in revenge of us being so embarrassed in the first 3 games on defense. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.