• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I'm Really Liking Tony Pike as a 2nd Round Pick Option

The Burgundy Ghost

The Starter
Reaction score
Military Branch
Navy
Alma Mater
Salisbury
I'm watching the bowl games looking at some players that might be worth keeping an eye on and even in the huge loss to Florida, I'm really liking Cincy's Tony Pike as a possible 2nd rounder option for the Skins.

Decent size.
Quick release
good arm (seems like he can make the NFL passes).
Decent mobility
Good accuracy

he runs more of a spread offense, so you question stats. But I think Pike might be a good option if the Skins want to draft O-line in the first round (they should) and maybe trade back a bit and accquire extra picks.

Say we move back and get an additional 2nd or third rounder, maybe we take a LT in the 1st. Take Pike with our 2nd and then take a RT with the additional pick.

Thoughts (it's never too early to start talking draft IMO)?

I'm watching the bowl games looking at some players that might be worth keeping an eye on and even in the huge loss to Florida, I'm really liking Cincy's Tony Pike as a possible 2nd rounder option for the Skins.

Decent size.
Quick release
good arm (seems like he can make the NFL passes).
Decent mobility
Good accuracy

he runs more of a spread offense, so you question stats. But I think Pike might be a good option if the Skins want to draft O-line in the first round (they should) and maybe trade back a bit and accquire extra picks.

Say we move back and get an additional 2nd or third rounder, maybe we take a LT in the 1st. Take Pike with our 2nd and then take a RT with the additional pick.

Thoughts (it's never too early to start talking draft IMO)?

I don't know man, he looked lost all night against the closest thing he has seen to a pro defense. Granted his coach left and his offensive line was not capable of keeping UF's defense off him, but he did not appear to be the type of QB that would be worth taking in the 2nd round.

Let me ask you this, if it came down to our 36th or 37th pick in the 2nd round and Pike and Tebow were both sitting there, who would you take?

I do not want, nor do I believe Tim Tebow will be worth our 2nd rounder either, but he looked far better than any other QB I have seen toward the end of the NCAA fb season this year. He looked simply fantastic last night, regardless of how he releases the ball.

My point is I don't like Pike, Tebow, or any other QB in this draft who is really worth what we will likely pay for them. If Bradford was available with a late 1st rounder if we traded down, I would pull the trigger! Neither he, Clausen nor McCoy are worth a high 1st round pick in my estimation. And after last night's performance in the spotlight, Pike did not look worthy of a 2nd round pick.

Not sure how effective Tim Tebow could be in the NFL but he certainly has all the intangibles you want in a QB. He has the toughness, the leadership, the character AND the guy is a winner. I would prefer him to Pike in round 2 but I would also prefer OL or even RB to ANY of the QB's expected to go early in round 1.

Does that mean you guys would keep Campbell?

I would prefer to keep Campbell and build an offensive line.

For me it's not as simple as just deciding to keep Campbell. I agree with you completely that whoever is behind center next year will definitely need better offensive line play.

If we hire Shanahan, who will run some flavor of the WCO, then I think we should probably move on. Jason's skill set just doesn't seem to fit a WCO. His contract is up and if we're going to make a change, now is the time to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.