• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

I have tomatoes

Sarge

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Air Force

Dozens and dozens and dozens........

If you grown a garden, you know what the deal is

Put out two plants and they get a blight, or a storm blows them over or something happens and you have no tomatoes

So I put out 8 plants, and now have more sausa than I know what to do with:laugh:

Any good idea out there?

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Canning tomatoes is very simple since they have so much acid in them - you don't even really need a pressure cooker, you can do them in a boiling pan with Ball jars. Easy.

Or even better. Eat those bad boys.

I never had this problem - I would have 30-40 plants and still they'd all get eaten :)

The Burgundy Ghost

The Starter
Reaction score

Navy Salisbury

Like Boone said canning is a good way to go.

Or make a big batch of spaghetti sauce and freeze it for later.

Chilli is a good option.

Worst comes to worst you could either give them away to co-workers, friends, family

or set up a mini-roadstand and sell them (just make sure you put up a sign that they are on camera- helps with the honesty factor:betterwink:)

Sarge

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Air Force

Canning tomatoes is very simple since they have so much acid in them - you don't even really need a pressure cooker, you can do them in a boiling pan with Ball jars. Easy.

Or even better. Eat those bad boys.

I never had this problem - I would have 30-40 plants and still they'd all get eaten :)

We've eaten soooo many tomatoes we're turning red:puke: :laugh:

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Ball makes a great salsa mix. All you do is food process the tomatoes (you don't even have to take the skins off if you don't want to) and add the mix, then freeze it in gallon bags. Very easy way to get rid of lots of tomatoes.

Blondie

The Free Agent Vet
Reaction score

I don't eat tomatoes, or tomato sauce or anything with tomatoes.

I have planted 1 plant in the past......and I swear there were 100 tomatoes on that plant just to spite me.

LizKauai

Camp Fodder
Reaction score

I don't eat tomatoes, or tomato sauce or anything with tomatoes.

I have planted 1 plant in the past......and I swear there were 100 tomatoes on that plant just to spite me.
Blondie- I am shocked... did you not read somewhere that ye shall reap what ye sow????

Bwahahaha! :elvis:

riggins44

The Franchise Player
Reaction score

Like Boone said make some salsa. My wife grows tomatoes. I will grow peppers and cilantro. This time of year make a lot of salsa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0