• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

Hi there

Happy hour starts in 5 minutes

Om

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia Tech

In the event anyone wanders in before official opening time, wanted to be sure the tacky neon "Welcome" sign was on.

It was ... and is. :)

Last edited:

Henry

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Hey guys. Just seeing if I can post yet. :)

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

The man, the myth, the legend.....returns :)

We're shooting for a 1 July opening brother H. That's the plan anyway....

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Indiana

Geez guys, this place is a labyrinth-bells 'n' whistles to beat the band, and dozens of places to dig around. As you might guess, I've been lurking and peering into cracks and crevices to see what you guys have wrought.

Short version-helluva job, folks-I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. And love the skinning. This is gonna be fun-it's almost like walking into a new amusement park for the first time. Plenty of places to play around in-and get lost in (I've accomplished that particular feat a couple of times already!)

I know that a lot of time, struggle, laughter, tears, cursing, screaming, the pulling-out-of-hair, and maybe the occasional "God! I need a drink!" accompanied this monumental undertaking but in the end it was well worth the effort. My friends, I wish BGO only the best of good fortune.:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Thanks brother Serv....:) We appreciate the kind words, its been an incredible amount of work and we're just getting going.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Ok, so the Arcade is cool. I played Space Invaders last night for the first time in nearly 25 years. Took me right back to Friday nights at the roller skating rink.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Yeah - I could've created it a lot more quickly if I didn't feel the need to try out each and every game myself along the way :)

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

[solemn voice]
Testing is important. You had a moral imperative to make sure each and every game worked.
[/solemn voice]

Last edited:

Huly

The Rookie
Reaction score

Woohoo

This looks awesome

beamish

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Army

with my username, you know i'd find my way to the pub. cheers!

hope to tip a few with some of you once training camp begins -- and not a moment too soon!

Pappas

The UDFA
Reaction score

Well hi, just thought I would come in and have a look around.

Feels like home...

Om

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia Tech

And here I thought you were a Hokie fan, beamish. ;)

Welcome one and all. It's happy hour.

smsmith70

The Cheerleader
Reaction score

Made it. Hi Guys!

By the way, living in the UK as I do. All good pubs need a great name!

beamish

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Army

hokie fan? ugh, too many bad memories of vatech schooling my boys. had i thought of the false connotation, i would have gone with one of the other members of the irish stout trinity -- murphy's or guinness...

Om

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia Tech

Made it. Hi Guys!

By the way, living in the UK as I do. All good pubs need a great name!
That's a great point. Sounds like we have our first community decision on our hands. Maybe we'll post an Official Forum-Name-Nominations Thread and have some fun with it.

In fact, as it was your suggestion, you have the honor ...

hokie fan? ugh, too many bad memories of vatech schooling my boys. had i thought of the false connotation, i would have gone with one of the other members of the irish stout trinity -- murphy's or guinness...
I don't know, man. The one you chose is making my Hokie heart proud.

If you're serious though, PM me and we can talk about changing you up. I understand about usernames ... they matter.

Yusuf06

The Starter
Reaction score

Ok, so the Arcade is cool. I played Space Invaders last night for the first time in nearly 25 years. Took me right back to Friday nights at the roller skating rink.
Agreed. I noticed that you all have Amateur Surgeon. This just keeps getting better and better. :)

Blondie

The Free Agent Vet
Reaction score

This is really cool.

I haven't found the pudding pool

I will keep looking.

Sarge

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Air Force

You boys have been busy little bees:)

RonJeremy

The Cheerleader
Reaction score

Interesting little corner of the interwebs you have created guys. I raise my glass and toast you.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

For you Fear the Spear...*bump*

I wonder if the thread title was an accident or a snarky reference to the contrast we were hoping to build here relative to some *cough* 'other internet sites' way of managing things?

My bet is on snark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0