Helu Hurdles

One of many experimental iterations ...

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Love this kid. I've thought all season long he needed more work. Glad Shanahan finally gave him a chance to prove me right.

Miles Monroe

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Just think what he could do behind a very stout O line. Seattle has a fairly solid run D, and He was pretty consistent gaining yardage all day. His pass pro looks pretty good for a rookie, and will surely get better.

I'm not missing Portis in the least.

Helu is the real deal....

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Closest he got was an audition with the Dolphins, at least that I read about. They brought in both he and Larry Johnson. Johnson got a contract and then was cut a week or two later while Portis didn't even get a contract.

Miles Monroe

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Just to be clear, my comment wasn't a knock on Portis. A big concern with him leaving was pass protection. There was none better that I can think of, but Helu seems to get it, so I'm not as concerned as I had been.

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score

Didn't a Cowboy answer with Clinton Portis, when asked what player hits the hardest of anyone he'd played against ? Who was that ?

And that Helu TD was a thing of beauty. He would have scored from 90 yards, if the play started that far back.

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

No doubt the kid looks really good. He does misread blocks, and hits the wrong hole at times. Hopefully that will improve with experience.

But, so far, so good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0