Help a Fellow BGO Member

Happy hour starts in 5 minutes

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

From longtime member Beetlejuice (below)

If anyone would like to and can help him out, you can direct a donation to him at:
Paypal: njones122079@gmail.com
Venmo: @StillRedskins
Cashapp: $StillRedskins

And just like that, the last year of fighting to put my life back together will be for nothing.

I was furloughed in mid March due to Covid. I immediately applied for unemployment and was initially denied twice although I qualified.

I appealed, won, and with the additional $600 from the cares act, I was able to fight off the bill collectors and get back on track while I waited for my employer to open again.

It isn't as easy as just going to get a different job. I'm a felon now, so my spectacular work history is of little use. I have no vehicle, I had to use the money I had saved for that to survive while waiting on unemployment, and my job informed me we'll be opening back up the second week of August. All seemed fine.

Two weeks ago, I didn't receive my deposit. The 800 number will not put you on hold, they just say it's busy and disconnect you. They do not reply to emails in a timely fashion either. I could find no reason for the payment delay.

While I stressed, I believed it would be resolved. Last week passed, again no deposit. I've been in full freak out mode, and still could not find answers. I'm still eligible, I was able to confirm that. Then today came, and again no payment. So I'm now over $2200 short on unemployment.

I finally got an explanation today. The woman said there was an error that flagged my account, and only a deputy manager can fix it so I get my money. The problem? The wait due to backups is 6-8 weeks.

I have 3 meals left, savings wiped out for the second time in 4 months through something I had no hand in, rent is due, electric is due, phone bill is due. All in the next 5 days. I have $4 in my account and $48 cash. I don't think I'm gonna get there.

I've fought through more than I'd ever wish on my worst enemy in the past few years. Since my release last year, I made monumental progress. All to end up in honestly a worse situation as far as finances and stability as I was a year ago. I just never expected to feel this low again after how far I made it.

I might make it, it's gonna be close. The bare minimum deal I worked out was what got me to the dollar amount I have to reach. After another generous donation, I am now just $192 shy of where I need to be. I'm praying, begging, doing a rain dance, singing hakuna matata, whatever it takes. A wing and a prayer is still better than defeat.

Today would've been my 20 year anniversary, instead my divorce was finalized last week. This morning she was confirmed to have covid, and because she believed it was all a hoax, both of our kids have been exposed since they live with her. I don't have the strength to carry all of this, I'm not as strong as I used to be.

I just don't know what to do other than stretch the food out and wait for the lights to go out and the phone to cut off.

How do you keep fighting when there's no fight left in you?

Waiting on a miracle.

Beetlejuice

Dogaholic
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Army

I appreciate you more than words John. You've always gone above and beyond for everybody, and it doesn't go unnoticed, I assure you.

Beetlejuice

Dogaholic
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Army

Another amazing contribution, now just $92 away. Thank you guys for everything you do, we really do have the greatest community and fans in the world. Hail to the Redskins.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Just a quick bump... please consider helping out if you are able.

SkinsOrlando

Searching for the 6 fingered man
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Kent State

Had to install cashapp, freaking paypal has my account locked due to suspicious activity, hope it helps Beetle

Beetlejuice

Dogaholic
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Army

I woke up this morning completely blown away. A few more contributions came in that helped me get everything taken care of. As always, you guys have proven what amazing people you are. Thank you so much to everyone, words can't express what this means to me. I just made it under the wire, and it wouldn't have been possible without the great people here. This is why I will always consider every one of you family. There's no place else I'd rather be than BGO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0