• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Haynesworth: Dumb as a Brick?

Naw, he's not that smart. Bricks are useful for more than one thing - apparently Albert is good for only one position.

"non-verbal hand gesture"? I'm thinking anyone who would flip Albert off is a little :insane: as well.

From the comments section:

According to Broderick, the Civic's driver noted that, after walking over to his car, the assailant collapsed on the ground, apparently exhausted, and did not make any effort to move for approximately three traffic light cycles.

:rotflmao:

...And how dumb does that make the FO for not pulling the trigger on the 4th round pick deal?

Sheesh.

Naw, he's not that smart. Bricks are useful for more than one thing - apparently Albert is good for only one position.
Just because bricks can be used for building houses, landscape edging, pavers, or smashing a window, it's up to the guy in charge of bricks to use them where they can be most productive.

CLEARLY this brick was meant to be a building brick, not a landscape brick. Any fool could see that.

This team is a soap opera. Wow, how far we have fallen.

Just because bricks can be used for building houses, landscape edging, pavers, or smashing a window, it's up to the guy in charge of bricks to use them where they can be most productive.

CLEARLY this brick was meant to be a building brick, not a landscape brick. Any fool could see that.

True, what was I thinking? It was ABJECT STUPIDITY to try and use this brick to prop open a door, when clearly it was suited for building a wall.

He's dumb like a fox! He is making himself even less valuable in the Free Agency market on purpose!

It will be interesting to see such an impulsive individual with so much money at the age of 45. Anyone wanna bet how much of that millions he has left by his 50th birthday?

for a dumb guy he made a lot of money. lol I am amused that there are people who still havent figured out that a great 3 tech wont necessarily make a great NT.

Especially one who cares less about anything or anyone but himself to even make an effort to adjust because he already had his money and didn't care!

Whooaaaaa skippy! I didn't say anything about him not deserving that money! Don't go there!

You say he wouldn't succeed, yet there are plenty who think given his athleticism, he could have been, at the least, better than anything we had! He didn't even care enough for the people who wrote him a huge check to play football to give it a try.

LOL, El, he would have been ok at best, we saw what happens when you take a player and make them play against their skillset (Carter at OLB, AH at the few reps he tok at Nose). He fires out, gets washed out of his gap when he tries to make initial contact and then stops moving his feet to "hold the point". once in a while he would make a play based on strength and explosion but far more often he would either gamble and pick a side or stand up to find the ball and get blown out.

as for not caring enough? lmao, to be candid, after someone lied to me on the level he was lied to, I would be far less motivated to go out of my way to do anything they asked let alone play a thankless and dangerous position that I had already expressed no interest in playing.

Its very hard for people to demand loyalty when it isnt given in return.

Now do I think that it was handled very well on either side? nope.

besides why risk injury, someone lese will probably end up paying him to play the position he is suited for, I guarantee he will find another place to play and they wont use him incorrectly.

Exactly! Why give two ****s about anything other than himself.

And don't be surprised if Haynesworth does not get traded or released again this year.

LOL El, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he isnt traded or released, we have already seen Shanny is more than willing to cut off his nose to spite his face and that he will allow his ego to override whats best for the team.

The funny part is that when haynesworth WANTED TO PLAY, he was benched and then suspended for getting upset at being benched, IMHO at that point there was no longer any reason to keep him on the team.

The Team has mishandled this situation in almost every possible way that it could, Haynesworth has mishandled this in every possible way that HE could, the sad part is that it all could have so easily been avoided but it was almost like Shanny embraced this whole gong show rather than do what real HOF coaches do and thats find a way to get maximum production even from headcases.

LOL El, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he isnt traded or released, we have already seen Shanny is more than willing to cut off his nose to spite his face and that he will allow his ego to override whats best for the team.

The funny part is that when haynesworth WANTED TO PLAY, he was benched and then suspended for getting upset at being benched, IMHO at that point there was no longer any reason to keep him on the team.

The Team has mishandled this situation in almost every possible way that it could, Haynesworth has mishandled this in every possible way that HE could, the sad part is that it all could have so easily been avoided but it was almost like Shanny embraced this whole gong show rather than do what real HOF coaches do and thats find a way to get maximum production even from headcases.

I won't argue with this point. You know I am not a fan of the switch to the 3-4. What I have a problem with is a 20 something millionaire saying, "I won't do what my bosses tell me to!" Shanny is stubborn, no doubt. He has issues with his ego. What he ran into was one of the least disciplned teams in the NFL.

Not sure if your ever heard Darnell Dockett's interview last year on one of the local radio shows, but he (being a fan of the Redskins since childhood) stated the Redskins were the laughing stock of the NFL. Asked whether he would play here he said, "Not unless there is a culture change there. He said it is where players go to have a party, not play football., almost like the inmates running the asylum. My fiance will support this since she used to play music in one of the player's favorite hangouts near Redskins Park. I have never said that here before because I didn't think it was appropriate, but it supports Dockett's assertion.

My point is, I think this is less about Albert Haynesworth trying to make the best decision for his career as it is Albert getting accustomed to that culture Dockett discussed. Shanahan has taken strides to eliminate that culture, Haynesworth has balked at the authority. It is not because Haynesworth wants to play, it's because Haynesworth doesn't want to work!

You are an athlete, I was an athlete at the international level having played soccer in Germany. Every successful coach I have ever had always placed a tremendous value on practice. You play the game how you practice is what they always said. We had some successful teams because our coach ran us to death, very disciplined and if you didn't buy in, you didn't play no matter how talented you were!

If Shanahan and Allen had their heads screwed on the right way Haynesworth would not even be our problem anymore.

But because the organization can't ever admit a mistake Haynesworth remains property of the Redskins as he goes about decreasing his market value every day.

This team will be lucky to get a #5 pick for him.

What a waste.

It was worth more than that to exit this jerk last June in a deal with the Titans.

see here is the difference, hard work at practice is a great equaliser, if your team is only a little less talented you can often close a gap by having great practices, but there is no replacement for physical talent. when the talent gap is massive practice means less than nothing. a guy like AH would benefit from technique work but not from running updowns or 40's. you could get golston to parctice 4 times a day and hell never even be close to the Player AH is (and I like that kid and his effort.)

My team the Wolfpack once went on a 28 game win streak that spanned 3 seasons, during that time we rarely practiced m,ore than once a week and never strenuously. We just had guys who were head and shoulders better than our opponents, we played a semi pro team from the states and hammered them out, played an all star team form eastern canada and hammered them out and won a national championship by defeating a team of look like tarzans by making them look like Jane on the field. but when they came out on the field (all 60 of them) and did timed warmups people were looking at them and us and saying "Alberta is gonna get killed" we did individual warmups nothing as a team.

I used to get in trouble in university my senior year , I told them point blank if I wasn't allowed to have fun I wasn't going to run , it wasnt that I was lazy I was the only guy on the football team who would practice with the basketball team every second night and I played intramural basketball, but I figured if they werent letting me do the fun stuff (hitting drills and scrimmages) I wasnt gonna do the garbage like conditioning. Yet when I got in games it was still like playing with children.

I think that as much as the money thing is the reason people dislike AH so much, they feel he wastes his gifts and I would agree somewhat, what they don't or wont try to understand is the fact that he isnt suited for a role that the team asked him to perform, and when he did at least try it, he wasnt effective, HOWEVER when used correctly he more than flashed DMVP calibre talent. Most average people buy into the whole "practice is the great equaliser" or teamwork overcomes everything of american mythos, reality is that talent almost always wins out over everything including hardwork.

The DAY that Shanny said he was running a 3-4 no matter what, should have been the day we traded AH for the best offer we got THAT DAY.

LOL! Talent pool must have been really weak!

Look, I am not trying to minimize your teams ability. Were you competing with teams that could have performed well anywhere? I mean, were you like an Auburn playing against teams like Florida International?

What you fail to understand is that chip on your shoulder may have worked for you I certain areas of your football career, but I would wager that if you had applied yourself a little more and allowe your ego to get out of the way, you could have gone further. Of course, I am speculating. I just believe your story is an anomoly. It is not an accurate portrayl of successful teams as a whole.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.