• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Haynesworth Coming To Eagles?

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
Thanks for the draft pick Bill. The Patriots released Haynesworth today, he of the 3 tackles in 8 games.

I can see him landing in Philly with his old buddy Washburn. The Eagles certainly have a need for interior DL.

I still think he is done. But we shall see.

Seems Bellichick's golden touch with veterans has left him. Both Haynesworth and Ochocinco have been spectacular failures and with a few mediocre drafts behind him the Patriots look like they are coming back to the pack as an organization.

We can only hope that Haynesworth goes to the Eagles as the final "star" in their desperate collection to try and buy a championship. They should've learned from the Redskins' failures and I would thoroughly enjoy it if he came aboard and helped implode that team and disrupt any chemistry they might have been working towards.

Just wait BT. Belichick is gonna keep trading down in the draft every year until he has the entire 7th round one year. Laugh now, sure. But it will happen.

Will be curious to see if Eagles take a shot this year with Haynesworth. I would think they would pass with all the other distractions and issues. It's possible Haynesworth could be the final nail in the Eagles coffin.

Haynesworth to Philly has been the rumor since it was first reported we were parting ways.

I agree the acquisition of Haynesworth would put the Eagles where the Redskins were mid-decade in terms of signing big names.

Of course the Eagles did develop McCoy, Maclin and Jackson so they haven't sunk to the Vinny level quite yet.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I just want Ryman and all the other 'Haynesworth wasn't the problem' folks to eat the hot plate of crow they've got coming. :)

I don't see why everyone makes Haynesworth sound like an utter failure to us Haynesworth was actually a success for us. We gave up nothing to acquire him, and gained a mid-round pick. The only loser in this was Snyder's wallet, and Haynesworth himself.

Why would I eat crow? I wasn't wrong. Last time I checked, every single statement I made was still proven true. thanks for coming out.

You said it wasn't Haynesworth, it was the scheme and that we were misusing him. Haynesworth went to the Patriots who switched to a 4-3 to accommodate him (and Carter), and he still failed. Also managed to alienate himself and get into a fight with his position coach. Just eat the crow, man!

Lets drop this gentlemen. Please. I can't see it going anywhere good and I really don't want to have to moderate.

Lets drop this gentlemen. Please. I can't see it going anywhere good and I really don't want to have to moderate.

Will do. I'll just be happy that Haynesworth proved me right by being a giant turd in New England, just like he was here. :)

Nothing to see here, please move along.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fat Albert claimed by the Bucs - they finally get their guy.

You said it wasn't Haynesworth, it was the scheme and that we were misusing him. Haynesworth went to the Patriots who switched to a 4-3 to accommodate him (and Carter), and he still failed. Also managed to alienate himself and get into a fight with his position coach. Just eat the crow, man!

actually, I said what happened here wasnt all Alberts fault, unlike you I didnt try to pin it all one person. I said we didnt follow through on something that was promised and thusly he acted (as if he needed an excuse) unprofessionally. I did also say that we misused him on the field and that definately had something to do with our defencive debacle and of course I was right and you were wrong. whatever happened afterwards has no bearing on the situation. but of course you are so desperate to see me wrong that you will grasp at straws to try and make me retroactively wrong, even when the facts are still unchanged. again, thanks for coming out.

Its Ok Neo, I am more than happy to continue to prove Lanky wrong, I will try not to insult him while doing so. appreciate the heads up though. If lanky is amenable we can make a thread where I can post the facts and he can post his opinions.

Better than Philly.

And what part of "drop it" isn't clear? Haven't you guys figured out I hate doing this in public by now? Leave off already.

Why is it a concern if he goes to Philly ?
We couldn't come close to beating Philly when they were without him, so WITH him, Albert would be the least of our concerns.

His old DL coach in Tennessee, Washburn, is now with the Eagles. The theory is that if anyone can get him to be motivated, it would be him. A motivated Haynesworth on the Iggles would be bad news for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.