• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Haskins - Going Forward

Ship him where? You have to have a trade partner. They've reported that there have been no calls about Dwayne - whether that's accurate or not I don't know. I think you guys are making this out to be some kind of a personal thing with Rivera. At it's worst, I suspect Rivera may have decided that Haskins is immature, or a 'me first' guy, or simply isn't 'getting it' when it comes to executing the offense. I seriously doubt it's personal.

I am just suggesting that given Rivera is a very well-respected coach (I could argue universally respected), and that we have no idea what's gone on behind the scenes, he's going to get the benefit of doubt from me, not Haskins.

Let’s admit the truth - Washington was running 40% of its offense with Dwayne.

That meant guys like McLaurin, Gibson and even Logan Thomas were limited and have now shown us a bit more on the field.

Meanwhile Allen has been able to execute basic plays with newcomers Lucas and Charles on the OL and others like Christian out with injuries.

The emergence of Montez Sweat in 2020 shows the front office was correct. Smith wanted to draft Sweat at #15 and luckily the team was able to make a deal to take him at #26.

Dwayne Haskins seems to be the real stretch among recent high picks.

And that’s not surprising given how he was put on the team.

You think other players don’t recognize it when a guy gets preferred treatment?

Nothing causes tension on a club more than making decisions on a political rather than performance basis.

The further we get from Dwayne being an issue the closer this team will be and the more they will compete.

We need to find a franchise qb for the future but that player is not on the roster.

Just saying we should continue to invest in Haskins because he was the owner’s clouded dream is no basis for setting a foundation.

Let’s admit the truth - Washington was running 40% of its offense with Dwayne.

That meant guys like McLaurin, Gibson and even Logan Thomas were limited and have now shown us a bit more on the field.

Meanwhile Allen has been able to execute basic plays with newcomers Lucas and Charles on the OL and others like Christian out with injuries.

The emergence of Montez Sweat in 2020 shows the front office was correct. Smith wanted to draft Sweat at #15 and luckily the team was able to make a deal to take him at #26.

Dwayne Haskins seems to be the real stretch among recent high picks.

And that’s not surprising given how he was put on the team.

You think other players don’t recognize it when a guy gets preferred treatment?

Nothing causes tension on a club more than making decisions on a political rather than performance basis.

The further we get from Dwayne being an issue the closer this team will be and the more they will compete.

We need to find a franchise qb for the future but that player is not on the roster.

Just saying we should continue to invest in Haskins because he was the owner’s clouded dream is no basis for setting a foundation.

BULLDOG! BROTHER!!!!!! Do I sense a little bit of... love? A little love for the team!?!!! :cheers:

Isn’t it interesting that the only real controversy left on the team (Haskins) is a legacy of direct action by the Danny? 🤬

Well, if he is still in your plans but you want to keep him him hungry you make him the backup.

But #3?

You don’t see many if any teams put a first round quarterback on the scout team and make him inactive on Sundays.

Fans can't bash Rivera for being too "Old School" in his ways and then be surprised when he treats a young Qb "Old School".

You guys liked the whole idea of every player,regardless of draft position, earning their job....but now it's no good when he actually puts it into practice?

I'm interested in seeing if the humbling of Dwayne Haskins works.

It’s clear that Rivera sees some value in Haskins. How much, we don’t know. But it doesn’t seem like much. If he didn’t see any value in him, he would cut him. It’s that simple. Whether Rivera can get anything out of him or not, remains to be seen. I’m skeptical based on what I’ve seen, but we will see what Ron will do.

It’s clear that Rivera sees some value in Haskins. How much, we don’t know. But it doesn’t seem like much. If he didn’t see any value in him, he would cut him. It’s that simple. Whether Rivera can get anything out of him or not, remains to be seen. I’m skeptical based on what I’ve seen, but we will see what Ron will do.

My guess is that his value is actually as the backup to Allen if something happens. He just has more confidence in Smith in an 'in game' switch situation. If something happens to Allen, I would bet that Haskins is the starter over Smith within 2 weeks... possibly the following week.

well, now hes definitely backup LOL

Alex was just hitting people "in stride" last weekend and that is why people like Cam and Terry were getting such huge chunks. Even that first play to Gibson that was fumbled allowed him to get a running start.

well, now hes definitely backup LOL

Alex was just hitting people "in stride" last weekend and that is why people like Cam and Terry were getting such huge chunks. Even that first play to Gibson that was fumbled allowed him to get a running start.

Yeah it was noticeable. The play to Gibson was from Allen, but the point is a very good one. When the QB put the ball in a the WRs hands with the ability to make a play, good things tend to happen. Bad throws derail plays as much as bad decisions do.

This is getting crazy. Montez is a legitimate option over Haskins now? Supposedly Keim reiterated this on the radio today. I can't see Rivera going to 3 QBs over Haskins if there is not legitimate reason.

I have to wonder who is in Haskins' ear. He is blowing a huge opportunity. I mean HUGE. I feel like whoever is in his ear is telling him the team doesn't want him instead of telling him that this job is his for the taking. He's heading for unemployment with lesser talent getting the job over him. All because he's not putting in the prep work. I mean seriously, how can he not see this?

I agree with you, but I dont care WHO is in my ear. If I have a chance to make millions of dollars playing a game I have played my entire life I am shutting all negative people out and doing what needs to be done.

Its so odd to see the Ryan Leaf's and Haskins lined up next to the Seau's and Chase Young's. Just polar opposites mentally.

I have to wonder who is in Haskins' ear. He is blowing a huge opportunity. I mean HUGE. I feel like whoever is in his ear is telling him the team doesn't want him instead of telling him that this job is his for the taking. He's heading for unemployment with lesser talent getting the job over him. All because he's not putting in the prep work. I mean seriously, how can he not see this?

yeah it's getting alarmingly obvious that Rivera wants to see the prep mentality that he see's from Smith, Allen, and now Montez.

This is talking about Montez

"Very smart, very bright," Rivera continued. "He spends the time studying, doing the things that you want young quarterbacks to do in terms of developing habits, good habits. He's kind of followed Kyle and Alex around an awful lot and I think a little bit is rubbing off on him."

It's confusing in a way. Alex is out there on one good leg and has put in preparation that Haskins couldn't even dream of. Haskins has an arm that Smith never had... but that's pretty much it. You figure all he has to do is watch Smith for an example.

It's confusing in a way. Alex is out there on one good leg and has put in preparation that Haskins couldn't even dream of. Haskins has an arm that Smith never had... but that's pretty much it. You figure all he has to do is watch Smith for an example.

Compete with him. Show up before Alex does. Jump in whenever the coach asks for a rep. See what Smith does, and do more... it's not hard. It's a lot of work, but it's not hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.