• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Grossman?

Henry

I drink and I know things
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
This should be a fun thread. :)

On the Sportsfix right now Tom Lovero is floating the idea of starting Grossman. With Cousins you risk starting a rookie who will most likely make some serious rookie mistakes, which is understandable early in a rebuilding year, but needing a win in December to get into the playoffs is another matter. With Grossman you have a veteran who knows the system, who the players like, and who would have a better skill position players to work with this year as opposed to last year when he struggled.

So? Does ANYONE think this is a good idea?

For awhile in his career, Rex was able to play stretches of games (2 or 3) well, without making mistakes. As he gets older, the mistakes become more and more frequent, and as we saw last year, he rarely goes a full game without a mistake anymore.

Granted, Cousins will probably make mistakes as well - he made two bad ones against the Falcons in relief. However, he also was pretty flawless against the Ravens (some would argue he's even more "due" to make a mistake against the Browns this weekend b/c of that), so who knows?

I think the bottom line is this: its Cleveland. It shouldn't matter WHO they start at QB, this is a franchise who is even more dysfunctional/poorly built than the Redskins. Their secondary is legit though, so I think if Grossman OR Cousins starts, they'll get a couple picks. The key to victory will be a whole lot of 46 down their throats.

Gross, man.

That's kind of a laughable proposition on a number of fronts (has Loverro been drinking that special cough syrup again?)...

First of all, there's a chance for rookie mistakes. And there's an equally, and arguably higher chance that Grossman would show the rookie what EXPERIENCED mistakes look like.

Think Tom Berenger in 'Platoon' 'Whaddyall know about killin?'' kinds of learnin.

On top of that, Cousins as the active backup since week 1 is almost assuredly getting almost all the meaningful snaps that aren't going to a guy named Griffin. It may not be a lot. But whatever # it is, its that many more than Grossman is getting with the starters. Cousins is more ready for action rookie warts and all than Grossman could possibly be.

Sure - Rex has lots and lots of experience. Unfortunately a lot of it is throwing to the guy in the wrong jersey.

Last edited:
This is someone trying to fill a slow day with controversy so he can get some attention...

I've seen enough Grossman in B&G.

I can't imagine the team would be behind starting Rex over Cousins anyway given how well Cousins has played under pressure.

Gotta be a play for more airtime (which is working given that we're even having this conversation).

Lovero must be friggn high....

He's one play away from being tared and feathered by the fans.The most positive aspect that could come from starting Rex in Cleveland would be the lack of the home crowd booing him.

Well, since Griffin WILL be playing, it's a moot point.

But, in the spirit of the thread............Here.....We......Go!

All week, Clevelend has been preparing for Griffin, and/or Cousins.

Curve ball.

They are totally unprepared for The Sexy.

If The Sexy is on fire in the 1st half, Cleveland will scramble at the half to make adjustments.

Curve ball.

Cousins starts the second half...................Boom!!! 5 in a row.

I'm always down to unleash the dragon. Let the coaches decide who gives the Skins the best chance to win. I just want what's best for the conductor of the pain train long term. If there is no risk, play him. One iota of risk, put him on the bench and let him get his healing factor on. Wolverine ain't got **** on RG3.

Curve ball.

If The Sexy is on fire in the 1st half, Cleveland will scramble at the half to make adjustments.

Curve ball.

This is genius! I want to add we could put in place plays to have Morris hawk behind Grossman waiting for the fumble, pick it up on the run and goto the house. Who would expect that?!

I am in the camp, if one exists, to let Cousins start the next two games and only use Griffin if we fall behind. I would like to see Cousins get more involved and more experience in the event we need him, and I would like Griffin to be able to heal without aggreviation if it can be done.

Rex Grossman is a known commodity with no upside. The mistakes he makes are rookie caliber mistakes...except he's a seasoned vet with experience. By all accounts, he should be better, but he is not.

They picked Cousins so they can hype him up and then hopefully dump him off to a QB-needy team. Hopefully, Cousinins eventually impresses and the plan works.

Curve ball.

Curve ball.

Didn't see any official announcement from the team or Shanny, so it's not quite a moot point.

As for your idea... it's as about as screwball as they come.

I love it. :)

The Dragon is rested.

The Dragon is ready.

Is that Garcon? I think he’s triple-covered. You know what? **** it. I’m throwing it downfield.

Yeah, I see Moss open on the flank. But **** that. Dumpoff passes are for ******s. I’m ****ing Sexy Rexy Grossman. I can get that ball in there. And, even if I can’t, I bet I’ll be able to pull it off the next go round. I like throwing the ball long. It makes my dick hard.

What’s that? I should throw a quick slant? **** that. That’s gay. Button hook? Gay. Flare out? Gay. Screen pass? Kevin Spacey gay. This is ****ing football. You can’t just expect wins to come to you. You can’t massage that ****. You gotta grab that game by the throat and rape the ever-loving **** out of it. You think a 5-yard out is gonna win you a game? You’re a *****. This ain’t John Shoop running this offense. Sexy Rexy’s got the arm. The dragon. You gotta unleash the dragon.

Okay, I’m throwing it. Nice. Look how far it went. I look good. I bet I made that Browns cheerleader wet her panties with that throw. She ****ing wants me. I bet she likes it over a stair railing. I can hit that with 100% accuracy, my dear. Mmmmmm. I am delicious.

Oh ****. Looks like Samuel caught it. Again. Oh well. It still felt ****ing great to throw that ****. Tell me that wasn’t one of the prettiest passes you ever saw. You know what? Not only am I gonna throw it long the next time we hit the field. I’m gonna throw it even longer. Harder. You see that kid in wheelchair sitting in the end zone bleachers? I’m gonna nail him right between the ****ing eyes with a Sexy Rexy fastball. Why? Because I can.

This is Rex Grossman we’re talking about here. We’re talking 210 lbs. of twisted steel and sex appeal. I’m not just a gunslinger. I’m a cumslinger. Throwing that ball long tells all the Rexettes that I am ****ing out there. On the edge. Where I gotta be. The ladies love the danger. The unpredictability. Oh, maybe I’ll tease them with a pretty touch pass every now and again. But then I’m gonna go right back to pumping that ball out for all it’s worth. It tells them I throw like I ****. That’s how we do things in the sexy business.

Tell me you’re not turned on right now. I am.

:paranoid:

He likes Hankerson enough to actually throw him the ball and now you add Pierre to the mix plus a legitimate running attack??

Perfect for Rex....

As Jerry Reed would say.."Son... when your hot..your hot!"

Damn! I need cold shower, cause I'm excited.

Then a hot shower, cause I feel dirty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.