• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Graziano/ESPN: Who may get squeezed out in Washington

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
My guess at this point -- and that's all it is -- is that Hall and Moss take pay cuts to stay in Washington but that the cap crunch costs the Redskins Davis, Kory Lichtensteiger, Carriker and possibly valuable fullback Darrel Young, who's a restricted free agent. It's also possible they'll have to say goodbye to linebackers Lorenzo Alexander and/or Rob Jackson, who were important 2012 contributors. Regardless, they face many tough decisions. The potential for major personnel losses at key spots is exacerbated by the fact that Washington has no first-round draft pick and is hoping to upgrade in the secondary even if it keeps its corners.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/49170/who-could-get-squeezed-out-in-washington

That's just too many players to lose. They really need to work something out here.

That's just too many players to lose. They really need to work something out here.
I agree, and I think that they, the FO, agree. Which, in my opinion, is why they are willing to go nuclear on the league. If they don't and we are robbed of that 18 million, we are looking at possible losses that could take us years to rebound from.

If the cap money situation isn't fixed, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Jackson, and dealing Orakpo.

If the cap money situation isn't fixed, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Jackson, and dealing Orakpo.

Except that I'm pretty sure dealing Orakpo doesn't alleviate any cap pressure - in fact, quite the opposite; it accelerates his entire cap hit to this year. If he's on the last year of his deal, then fine. Otherwise, its actually worse. I think renegotiating with him is a better option at this point, considering his injury history, I think he'd be willing to come back at a much cap-friendlier deal.

Lanky, this is his contract year.

what Goal said.

lotta conversation today that the Pats are doing the exact same sort of thing with Brady's signing that the Skins/Boys are accused of: manipulating contracts to create base salary money.

what Goal said.

lotta conversation today that the Pats are doing the exact same sort of thing with Brady's signing that the Skins/Boys are accused of: manipulating contracts to create base salary money.

For sure - its a more cap-friendly deal, but its a short-term raise for Brady. He's 36; he's likely considering retiring in the next year or two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.