• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Gather.com: Drunk Jerry Jones Slams Parcells and Tebow

Somewhere, George Orwell is smiling.

"There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment. How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time. But at any rate they could plug in your wire whenever they wanted to. You had to live—did live, from habit that became instinct—in the assumption that every sound you made was overheard, and, except in darkness, every movement scrutinized."
That said ... not sure what pained me more ... the drunken Jones or the assholes who not only took advantage, but were more interested in pumping him about Tebow than about what he'd just intimated about Parcells.

Unfortunately in society today you must remain on your toes. Anything you say or do can be recorded and posted for all the world to see.

To be a public figure, regardless if in politics, own a sports franchise, or just a local business person, you have to be careful. We live in a world where everyone wants to know everything within minutes of it happening.

OM, I don't blame the assholes that took advantage of the situation. While you or I wouldn't, there are plenty out there willing to seize the moment. Then post on TMZ, You Tube, or whatever site they can. Then it becomes news and has to be discussed.

Privacy...when you become a public figure you give up this right in today's world. I don't like or agree with it, but chances are it will only get worse.

That's just Jerry Jones on a roll at a party. As much as I hate the Cowboys I wouldn't take anything he said in that context seriously.

And I agree, whoever was filming/recording this is a ... well I don't really approve of using the word 'douche' but I can't think of anything better at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.