Garrard released - think Shanahan goes after him?

One of many experimental iterations ...

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

Unbelievably, David Garrard has been released. Guess the Jags really like Gabbert! Think the Shanahans will go after him? Or are they sold on Rex & Beck?

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

Please no! He is a gamer, for sure. But his days as a #1 QB in this league are over. He is no better option than either of them in my estimation.

Go Deep

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score

No, if we was 23 instead of 33 maybe.

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

prob not. we get our franchise guy next draft!!! why bring Garrard on board?

Skinsfan76

The Starter
Reaction score

I think it is familiarity with the offense that Shanny likes in Grosssmen and Beck. Garrard will probably end up in Miami.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Classless move by the Jags. They save 8 million and can now put Blaine Gabbert in at any time and no one will say a peep about it. Meanwhile, Garrard (who from everything I've seen has been a consummate pro during his time there) is royally screwed and has no chance of being a starter elsewhere.

Nice.

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score

Classless move by the Jags. They save 8 million and can now put Blaine Gabbert in at any time and no one will say a peep about it. Meanwhile, Garrard (who from everything I've seen has been a consummate pro during his time there) is royally screwed and has no chance of being a starter elsewhere.

Nice.
Well, if Kerry Collins can come out of semi-retirement, and fill the shoes of a guy like Payton Manning, and start IMMEDIATELY, then there's hope for Garrard. I'm sure a team like the 49ers will at least give him a chance as a backup, making him at least one play away from being a starter. And he may have a great chance at revenge against JAX.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Maybe. But it's still a screw job that's pretty disrespectful of a player who's worked hard and been a company guy.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

That would only be the case if there were 35 versions of 'pick him up for the vet minimum'.

Chris

The Owner's Favorite
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Minor league move by a minor league franchise in a minor league town.

Will they still be named the Jaguars when moved to L.A.?

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Why would we want to undermine the confidence of our starting QB 4 days before the start of a new season?

No, we're not interested.

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

I really expected to find this thread somewhere else. Not here.

No offense. :)
Thanks for the contribution!

stuff like this is why I never blame a player for trying to get money while they still have the upper hand. Garrard wasnt a great QB but he was solid and a consumate pro.
This is really the main reason I thought it would be an option; Garrard's professionalism. The dude fits the mold as to what the Shanahans are installing here in terms of a locker room atmosphere to a 'T'. Not to mention, I don't care what your opinions of him are, you have to agree he's more viable than John Beck.

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Not to mention, I don't care what your opinions of him are, you have to agree he's more viable than John Beck.
Not knowing the system, at all, I'd have to disagree.

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc

UTEP

Thanks for the contribution!

This is really the main reason I thought it would be an option; Garrard's professionalism. The dude fits the mold as to what the Shanahans are installing here in terms of a locker room atmosphere to a 'T'. Not to mention, I don't care what your opinions of him are, you have to agree he's more viable than John Beck.

actually I dont think he is more Viable than Beck, I think he has better a better pro resume, but Shannahan would know better if he fits shannys system or not (mcrapp debacle aside). besides tbh I dont want anymore aging vets, and Garrard has been beat up pretty bad.

Om

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia Tech

No interest in Garrard at all. For 2011 we're invested in Rex and/or Beck. If neither proves to be the answer going forward in 2012, the Next Guy needs to be a kid with long-term upside, not another place-holding vet.

Like Gerrard well enough. Think he maxed out on his potential---something rare and admirable. Just don't consider him of any particular benefit to the Redskins at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0