• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Time Chat

Has there been a Haynesworth sighting? What happened to Sellers? I am multi-tasking and missed some things

Looked like Sellers had a knee injury, although Sonny and Sam seemed to think it didn't look like an ACL issue or anything. Who knows?

Two nice plays in a row by Armstrong. Looking harder and harder to cut him. Kelly's gotta be sick.

Two nice plays in a row by Armstrong. Looking harder and harder to cut him. Kelly's gotta be sick.

If you're basing it on on-the-field play, got to agree.

Damn. I was hoping Gano would be reliable in the 40-50 yard range. It would be so nice if we had consistency at that position sometime.

My opinion - hard to find kicker consistency when you swap him out every 2 years. Sure talent and nerve matters a lot. But at this level, all the kickers are talented. But special teams is all about consistency, stability, and doing the little things right - every time. That's almost impossible with a new guy constantly back there. It's great that we held onto Danny Smith - that's going to pay dividends the coming seasons.

i gotta wait till 11 am just to watch replay on nfl network

Ouch. Where is Fat Al? That drive tore us to pieces with dump offs and short passes. Be nice to get some pressure on Bulger.

Tryon had that fumble. terrible call by the officials.... if there is forward progress blow the play dead... am I missing something?

This officiating crew is awful. blown calls, missed calls, and no calls. I hope they're being evaluated too.

Missed a lot of holds early, that's for sure. I figure the officials need to get back in the swing of things as much as the players do.

that delay of game was crap too. doesn't the play clock reset after a challenge/timeout? sexy rexy isn't so sexy right now.

Our play hasn't been exemplary. I liked the deep balls we caught but we couldn't seem to manage much more than that. Our run was being stuffed. our guys were running into each other. Our defense was leaving some wide open spots. I think this loss will just give them some items to focus on in practice.

hopefully we'll be getting some more good news from the trainers.

The Ravens are a good team and well-coached. The Redskins have experienced almost total turnover from top to bottom.

What we saw is what we should expect.

The Ravens are a good team and well-coached. The Redskins have experienced almost total turnover from top to bottom.

What we saw is what we should expect.

In a preseason game, OK, fine.

If this is what I should expect in a regular season game -- lack of discipline, everyone having "Carlositis," and frigging NTs that clearly don't give a damn -- I will be sorely disappointed; not to mention furious.

But.....

That being said, this WASN'T a regular season game. And for now, I'm just finding it a whole lot easier to say "it's just preseason" than I did last week. :)

I saw those same things HH.... apparently Albert is still a whiney baby about playing in the third. He said something along the lines of "I'm a 9 year vet in this league.... shouldn't have to play third quarter."

9 year vet, 9th grade mentality. boo-friggin-hoo

If it might make things a bit easier for you H_H, keep this in mind.

In 9 months the Redskins have new management, a new coaching staff, a bunch of new players, are learning an entirely new offansive and defensive style and schemes, and just tried them out early in the learning and implementation process against a consensus serious Super Bowl contender after trying them out against a consensus NFL "bottom-feeder". Now add to that the fact that Shanahan is not going to reveal until September 12 just how many cats he has in the proverbial bag.

And it's preseason. And we have to find out who and what doesn't work as well as who and what does between now and Sept. 12th and remove 27 players from the current 80 to get the final roster. Mistakes will occur-a lot of them, especially when doing all this against really good teams like the Ravens.

Personally, I do not feel any worse about the team than I did early this afternoon-except for some unfortunate injuries that were suffered. My preseason estimate for the season record was in the 8-8 to 9-7 range. Nothing has happened to change my estimate.

I try to keep my goals realistic so that any surprises tend toward the upside.

I try to keep my goals realistic so that any surprises tend toward the upside.

Oh, I've been doing this "Skins fan" thing long enough to know you're right. And I approach it the same way. In fact, my prediction for this year is 7-9 or 8-8; with a drastic improvement in 2011.

But there are a few things that I don't expect from a Mike Shanahan team. The lack of discipline, the dropsies, the lack of effort (even from one guy.) And what bothered me most was that a lot of these things came from guys who will be on the final 53-man roster.

But hey....it's just one meaningless game, as you pointed out, against a truly great NFL team. I was disappointed with tonight's performance, but big picture, I understand how meaningless it is.

I just hate to lose. I loathe losing. I don't like to lose to my kids at Candyland. And that's just a game. The Skins are life and death. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.