BGO Ownership Group
- Apr 11, 2009
- Reaction score
- Greensboro, NC
Game Notes: Washington Redskins vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
• The Redskins finished the preseason with a 29-24 victory against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at FedExField.
• With the win, the Redskins concluded the preseason with a 3-1 record. The winning record is the team’s first since 2008.
• Attendance for the game was 58,937. The game was the Redskins’ 360th consecutive sellout, including preseason, regular season and playoffs. All 140 regular season, postseason and preseason games at FedExField have been sellouts.
• By holding the Buccaneers scoreless in the first quarter, the Redskins surrendered a total of zero first quarter points in the 2011 preseason.
• The Redskins have not surrendered a first-quarter touchdown in the preseason since Sept. 3, 2009, when the Jacksonville Jaguars returned a fumble for a touchdown. The last offensive touchdown scored against the Redskins in the first quarter came on Aug. 28, 2009, on a touchdown pass from Tom Brady to Randy Moss in a game against the New England Patriots.
• The Redskins held the Buccaneers without a third down conversion (0-for-7) in the first half. The Buccaneers were 0-for-10 on third down until converting on a third down with 6:38 remaining in the game.
• Rookie Evan Royster’s 1-yard touchdown in the first quarter was the first preseason touchdown of his NFL career.
• Brandon Banks’ 95-yard punt return for touchdown in the second quarter was the second of his career in the preseason. His first came on Aug. 13, 2010, when he returned a punt 77 yards for a touchdown against the Buffalo Bills.
• Josh Wilson’s second quarter interception of Jonathan Crompton was his first as a Washington Redskin.
• Kicker Graham Gano remained perfect on the preseason, hitting 3-of-3 field goal attempts and 2-of-2 PATs. Gano finished the preseason 10-of-10 on field goal attempts and 8-of-8 on PATs.
(Courtesy of the Washington Redskins)