• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Fun read - Schlereth on Gibbs days

Washington Taylor beat Panthers

SkinsNumberOne

The Rookie
Reaction score

Schlereth has been known to talk some trash about his time with the Skins, or overplay his time with the Broncos - but on occasion he does let some good stories out about some good effects the Skins had on him.

This is one of those times. Found this a fun read, pretty sure a lot of you will too - maybe you've seen it:
Schlereth: Don't lose crucial parts of 'the code' in NFL locker rooms - ESPN

Lanky Livingston

Pretty insightful stuff, also. Nice find!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

This exactly reflects my views on the Martin-Incognito thing. It's nice to see a proven football badass agree with me. And man, Schlereth has certainly overcome his dyslexia. What a horrible way to treat a kid.

Goaldeje

The Legend
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

James Madison

Terrific read, thank you for posting. I've always liked Schlereth, even though he is very critical of the Skins at times. I've never felt he was unfairly so, imo. He told a story recently of being in the middle of a oft-injured season and unable to practice much, and Gibbs called him to his office. Schlereth thought for sure he was going to be fired, but Gibbs told him he appreciated all his work and hard play even while injured, and just wanted him to know he was praying for him.

Schlereth said that is why guys played so hard for Gibbs and he would run through a wall for him today if asked.

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Virginia

I really appreciate this story and wish the best for Jonathan Martin.

Still trying to figure out why the entire coaching staff and much of the Dolphins FO is still employed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friend 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you Sandy ❤