• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Forbes Most Valuable Sports Teams: Redskins #4

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
I may get some heat for this idea, but here goes...

I'd like for FedEx to stay and be the home of the Redskins. Acquire more land around the area for parking, a new practice facility, an indoor facility, and a new headquarters.

Major renovations to the complex. Build a very attractive dome over FedEx and use a moving field (a la the Cardinals) for the surface. During the offseason, FedEx could be used for many more concerts, conventions, gatherings, etc.

Not gonna give you heat, but that is a huge investment in a facility that doesn't seem worth the money. It looks like Snyder is investing a lot of money at the current location which might support you, i.e. party decks and solar panels, mainly due to the fact that he is tied in on the contract with PG County.

I think in the perfect location, RFK since the Redskins' belong in DC, Snyder will be able to build a palace that Jerruh will go to his grave knowing is far superior to his. I believe that stadium is only 10 years away and it will make the Redskins the most valuable franchise in sports again.

I'm thinking more in terms of a "Redskins Area" where, in addition to the above, a couple of restaurants could be built, a playground for kids, and other things. That can't happen in DC. It is too limited with space.

RFK was a special place, but now it is time to make new memories at a grand venue that has all the extras.

I'm thinking more in terms of a "Redskins Area" where, in addition to the above, a couple of restaurants could be built, a playground for kids, and other things. That can't happen in DC. It is too limited with space.

RFK was a special place, but now it is time to make new memories at a grand venue that has all the extras.

Oh, I understood. I was thinking there is enough space around RFK to build another stadium and a complex like you suggested. I looked at the map, and I am not sure there could be unless there was some serious creativity and DC allowed the Armory to be incorporated into the mix.

I do like your idea though.

Last edited:
The problem with RFK these days is environmental stuff. The river is right there and any expansion would be met with environmental lawsuits that could take decades to resolve. The only way they could expand at RFK is just to the north and that is not much at all.

Also, it wouldn't be too surprising to see the team build a large complex near their current home in Ashburn. There is plenty of room. It is near the airport. Blah, blah, blah.

These are the only two (realistic) scenarios imho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.