• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ESPN: Rob Ryan to Coach Cowboys

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
I know this probably belongs in the NFC EAST Forum, but thought we haven't had a good Cowboys bashing thread in a while. If you want to move it, Neo, go for it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6027162

The Dallas Cowboys will hire Rob Ryan as their defensive coordinator, a team source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Ryan interviewed with Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett and owner/general manager Jerry Jones on Friday. While Ryan still has a year left on his deal in Cleveland, the Browns will go in a different direction under new coach Pat Shurmur.

Ryan, the twin brother of New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan, has spent the past two seasons as Cleveland's defensive coordinator after a five-year stint with the Oakland Raiders. He won two Super Bowl rings in New England as the Patriots' linebackers coach. His father, Buddy, was a longtime NFL coach and irked many Cowboys fans during his time in Philadelphia.

Cleveland had the 22nd-ranked defense in 2010, allowing 350.1 yards per game, and it was tied for 13th with 20.8 points allowed per game. The Cowboys allowed 351.8 yards and 27.3 points per game in 2010. While not tremendous numbers, the Browns defense improved nine spots in yards in 2010 and had a spike in turnovers with 19 interceptions and nine fumble recoveries.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6027162

You think Jerrah will face the same criticism Snyder would for hiring the DC, instead of letting the head coach choose his own guy?

And no, this was Jerr's call all the way.

Not that it's a bad thing. JKC hired Petitbon, Gibbs didn't.

Yep, this has Jerrys fingerprints all over it. He won't get the same criticism because Garrett is a foregone conclusion to most. What will be really funny is if Garrett gets a coordinator offer elsewhere and decides to bolt, leaving Jerrah to name Ryan as HC. Unlikely to be sure, but funny to think about.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Watching the Jets-Pats game reminds me, is it over the line to make some game day signs about feet when Dallas comes to town? Is it too much to mock the brother of a foot fetishist?

Is it too much to mock the brother of a foot fetishist?
I don't think so.

Question: If Ryan tells one of his players, "I'm gonna put a foot up your ass", is he flirting with him?

You think Jerrah will face the same criticism Snyder would for hiring the DC, instead of letting the head coach choose his own guy?

And no, this was Jerr's call all the way.

Not that it's a bad thing. JKC hired Petitbon, Gibbs didn't.

That's not the sentiment down here about the hire. There hasn't been any question that this wasn't Garrets hire. An experienced DC that isn't pushing to be a HC which could be a potential threat to Garrets authority. And not a first time DC that would be too inexperienced considering Garret is inexperienced. They still suck.

:roflmao:

Nice. I have enjoyed Jim Nance and Phil Simms avoiding any mention of the word "foot" today. Fourth and a foot becomes fourth a several inches. Good times.

Oh, this is going to be TONS of fun.

Whale on the beach! Whale on the beach!

Push him back into the water - he's dying. Push him back into the water.

When whales see Rob Ryan, they sing "We Are Family".

It takes two days to download a pic of Rob Ryan.

Rob Ryan's cereal bowls come with a lifeguard.

His belly has it's own congressman.

He uses a boomerang to put on his belt.

Yeah, this is going to be fun. :rotflmao:

Am I allowed to say "Best Thread Ever" ab my own thread?

:D

Did not like Buddy Ryan when coached the Eagles. Don't like Rex Ryan. So Rob going to Cowboys just gives me another reason to despise the Cowboys.

Did not like Buddy Ryan when coached the Eagles. Don't like Rex Ryan. So Rob going to Cowboys just gives me another reason to despise the Cowboys.

Ain't that the truth. I feel exactly the same way.

loved him as the DC on the bears though. best story is when they found out right before the SB that Buddy wasnt coming back that someone threw a chair at the chalkboard and it stuck. players loved that guy...just like they love Rex's fat ass.

I didn't like him then either. Remember him running his 46 defense against Gibbs and the Redskins.

Still remember watching Darrell Green return the punt and hurdle the Bear player. The moment he landed I said something is wrong. I saw Green clutch his rib cage.

I miss those days....

As I found on facebook today, "I know why Dallas is called AMERICA's team. Cause every year there sitting at home with America watching the Super Bowl."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.