ESPN: Redskins Claim Tashard Choice Off Waivers

One of many experimental iterations ...

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Florida State

The Cowgirls dumped him last week.....and we picked him up.

Thoughts?

#98QBKiller

The Rookie
Reaction score

Not a terrible pickup considering we need a #3 back, he was effective in a reserve role for the Cowboys, I think he started going downhill when he was asked to carry the load himself.

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score

James Madison

Man, I was half expecting us to pick up Leigh Boden. A little surprised with this Choice.

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score

James Madison

Thank you, thank you.

EDIT: To be fair, that post was specifically made with Serv in mind. :)

Last edited:

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Indiana

G., you are incorrigible. :moon:

But...and trust me on this...you're time of being on the receiving end of "Puns That Merit Incarceration" is coming. :bucktooth:

Chris

The Owner's Favorite
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

I'm just messing with you.

I was joining with China's puke smiley to show my distain for signing a Cowboy cast-off.

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score

I'm just messing with you.

I was joining with China's puke smiley to show my distain for signing a Cowboy cast-off.
His playbook knowledge will come in handy for at least one more game this year :)

And I think it's a good pickup. The team and fans were high on him at one point. Don't know how he lost favor, but he's certainly one of the better options to fill in our injury-plagued roster

Chris

The Owner's Favorite
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Mistake prone, fumble prone, poor special teams play, and oft-injured.

Perfect.

Miles Monroe

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

I'm not liking this at all. We have a chance to see just what our young guys have, and Royster should have been activated IMO. I want to see what they can do behind a crappy O line. Torain did squat, and of course we went away from running the ball the minute we were down.

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score

I'm not liking this at all. We have a chance to see just what our young guys have, and Royster should have been activated IMO. I want to see what they can do behind a crappy O line. Torain did squat, and of course we went away from running the ball the minute we were down.
We should not start dumping all of your young players on the field as simply an experiment, if they are not ready, until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
Anything is still possible at this point, so why should the team tank the season just because all the fans are depressed about the last few games, when there's still time and a chance to salvage the season, as unlikely as that may seem.

Miles Monroe

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

We should not start dumping all of your young players on the field as simply an experiment, if they are not ready, until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
Anything is still possible at this point, so why should the team tank the season just because all the fans are depressed about the last few games, when there's still time and a chance to salvage the season, as unlikely as that may seem.
This has nothing to do with being depressed... pissed... or anything else. Royster dam near beat out Torain for the roster spot in training camp. We shop in the dollar store, and take a dented can of fruit in a back with a questionable success rate, while we have fresh fruit on the shelf.

I never said to tank anything, and I never will, no matter how bad it gets.

It seems like forever now that this team, no matter who the coach is, spends years developing a player, only to have them go else where and be productive. I'm tired of it. The only way to get experience is to play the game for real, not on the practice squad.

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score

I'm not sure how you can say that Royster nearly beat out Torain in camp, considering Torain was injured for most of the preseason. What performance was there in preseason to judge Torain on, versus Royster.
And if we're going to give a young RB more playing time, clearly it should be Helu. Why should someone who couldn't even make the active roster, leap-frog ahead of another rookie who earned an active roster spot, yet still has not had much of a chance to shine in regular season, himself ?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0