• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Did we draft Banks' replacement ?

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score
Sorry if this was already mentioned as a possibility in one of the draft threads, and I missed it. But maybe we can free up a wasted roster spot that Banks is taking up, and use it on this guy, who can play both corner AND DO THIS.....check out the very first play on this reel....(horrible picture quality, but amazing play)....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUUx4VunRds[/media]

I think part of the hope in bringing Robinson back this year is to see if he can return kicks/punts as well and present a threat with his 4.37 speed.

In any case, I think the Redskins have finally come to the conclusion that with all the injuries in the NFL you can't set aside a roster spot for a guy that simply returns kicks and doesn't legitimately back up a regular position among the starting 22.

But Banks also throws TD passes! :D

th_Emoticon-Facepalm.gif

Come on Serv, you KNEW somebody had to say it. :dunce2:

I will add that I won't be surprised if Banks is cut BEFORE Training Camp in order to give him a chance to catch on elsewhere.

Jimbo, you're right..and whoever did was gonna get the facepalm. :)

Hey, I like Banks too, except when he makes-or is told to make-poor decisions on runbacks.

I also really wish he'd stop acting the fool off the field so much, if ya know what I mean.

Banks is hard NOT to love. Unfortunately, with Cousins taking an extra roster spot that would normally be available to a return man, I think our new return guy will have to be a little more valuable as a position player in addition to playing on multiple return/coverage teams. Just my take although I would LOVE for Banks to prove me wrong and kill it in preseason workouts and get to TC and preseason and kill it there as well.

Banks really didn't do much last season. After those first 10 games as a rookie Banks has been a non-event story.

I want to see consistently good decisions on returns and less boom or bust.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Danny Smith is a huge problem, there is no doubt about that. However, I cringe every time Banks has the ball, just because he's so tiny! I think the Crawford kid has a great chance of taking his roster spot, because he can play kick coverage and play nickel & dime defense as well (hopefully).

Danny Smith is one of the best special teams coaches in the NFL - just ask him :D

My bet is on Banks being cut; they don't have the luxury of keeping him this year.
The person I think who will take his place is....Jordon Bernstine.

Drafted as a safey, he is 5-10, weighs 211, and: "Another potential tiebreaker could be Bernstine’s play on special teams. Averaged 24.4 yards on 30 kickoff returns and his physical attributes plus penchant for hitting make for an ideal chaser of kicks." (courtesy of Rich Tandler). He has 4.4 speed and can end up being a back-up safety since none of the guys there are blowing my skirt up.

He brings depth to the Safety position, and can be used on all Special Teams plays and as a return man. Who was the back-up return man behind Banks? Was it Niles Paul?

Now that we have a qb, we have to work to get the return game and safety settled.

Not because they are the most important positions on the field, but because the Redskins unlike most clubs seem to have such trouble filling them with decent players!

This has been going on for years.

The Giants, NO, Patriots have all made it to the SB in recent years with average safeties and returners.

Some clubs like NE draft younger guys and bring them along while others like NO sign late career vets like the 35 year old Sharper and get something out of them.

Washington? We draft guys, sign veterans and still end up with Reed Doughty starting!

And not at strong safety but FREE!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.