• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

DE Brian Orakpo

One of many experimental iterations ...

Om

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia Tech

Oh, hell yes. :pint:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGUc3UL64f0[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZTelDHwUwY&NR=1[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R1RNlZLq4I[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOz6Y0TNJp4[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfTS3tOnHDc&NR=1[/media]

Last edited:

beamish

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Army

imagine this beast with sean taylor? simply cannot wait to see him and the D this coming season...

Aston Gambino

The UDFA
Reaction score

VCU

Does anyone know of anyone else in the league that plays on their feet on 1st and 2nd, and on their hands on 3rd and long, like we're planning on doing with him?

Kind of hoped he would just be used as an end, but if there's one thing I have faith in, it's Blache's scheme. Can't wait to see this dude in action.

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

I've seen the Cowboys use Greg Ellis as a LB most of the game but use him as a rush end in their 3-4 a few plays a game. Does that count?

Henry

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

I'd be happier if we had him playing end full time but if he's knocking QBs around all day I won't complain. :)

Neophyte

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

I'd prefer he played DE full time too, Henry. This taking a rookie high and making him learn a whole position scares me. I know we are hearing good things but still...let him line up next to Haynesworth full time and get after whoever has the ball.

brandies

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score

hey, I will be satisfied if he only equals Lawrence Taylor

The Burgundy Ghost

The Starter
Reaction score

Navy Salisbury

What's wrong with that?
He's going in as a Bill.....so personally, I think it would be funny to see Redskins fans showing up en mass for Smith, when he just finished out his career here to break the all time sack record.

Smith's numbers as a Skin aren't that bad and I like Smith as a player, but to me Bruce Smith's time here is just a bad reminder of the beginnings of the Snyder era and how the Redskins FO royally set this franchise back even worse than it had been. And this is coming from an occasional Snyder supporter/apologist.

I don't know. I know he spent more time here than Monk in Philly, but I think it would be kind of weird to see Redskins fans out there for Smith; It'd be like Eagle fans showing up for Art Monk's HOF.

Henry

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

I've got nothing against the guy, but Bruce Smith is a Bill and he should go in as a Bill.

Not to go totally off topic or anything. :)

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

I'm getting a little nervous that this deal is not done yet. Its not totally Orakpo's fault, because his contract will be based on those around him, and the closest picks to sign around him are Sanchez (#5) and some center (#21). But seriously, let's get a deal done and play some football!

BAFGA

Camp Fodder
Reaction score

I've got nothing against the guy, but Bruce Smith is a Bill and he should go in as a Bill.

Not to go totally off topic or anything. :)
Well, is the HOF like baseball where you go in as a member of a certain team? I think they look at the player and necessarily the team you played for. Of course he might mention mostly stuff he did while he was in Buffalo when he gives his acceptance speech. It's not like he's going to wear a helmet on his plaque.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0