DC Sportsbog: Remembering Vinny Cerrato

One of many experimental iterations ...

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

Eight things that I will never forget about the Vinny Cerrato Era. And yeah, this is dancing on the grave, but when a guy refuses to speak to the local media while interviewing ESPN personalities on his own radio show, you officially have permission to dance.

1) Drafting three pass catchers in the second round of the 2008 draft. Yes, they're now playing very well, but more than anything else, that bizarre day is Cerrato's lasting legacy in my mind.

"We were not going to jump down a round or two rounds to go get a need," Cerrato said that day. "We were going to take the best players. So, saying that, Fred Davis was the best player on our board at the time we took him. And after Fred went and a couple of guys went, Malcolm Kelly was the only guy with a first-round grade. He stuck out like a sore thumb. It was an obvious choice for us."

More than a year later, that still doesn't make any sense.
click link for the rest of the article.

Alaskan

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score

3) The iconic images of him sitting next to Daniel Snyder, watching training camp. There are many of these.

"It was a unique relationship between Vinny and the owner, obviously," Larry Michael said on ESPN 980 Thursday morning. True, that.

Kinda creepy if you ask me.

Sarge

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Air Force

Looks like Vinny has been working overtime fetching the danny too many Krispie Kremes

Yusuf06

The Starter
Reaction score

Remembering our cousin Vinny? Let's not and say we did. GACK!! :(

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

I will try hard not to! :toilet:

Sarge

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Air Force

Hey, he'll have lots of time for his radio gig now. Unless his usefulness to teh stationis over due to him no longer being an insider

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0