• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

D.C. United

renaissance

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Minnesota
I know this section isn't as active as some others, but I thought I'd start a DCU thread in case there are some other supporters around.

United are actually having a good season so far, despite some real duds of games including the one last night against Houston.

It's a lot of fun after a few years of absolutely horrible performance on the field to watch a team who has a legit shot not only to get into the playoffs, but to enter as a top team in the conference.

I almost went last night, glad I didn't!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Yeah, playing a man down for 73 minutes of a game does not make for much excitememnt if you're a United fan.

I almost went last night, glad I didn't!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Sigh. They've never won in Houston.

You should go to a game just to see the new stadium there, though. It looks pretty nice on tv :)

4 home games coming up in August, though. Hopefully we can get a lot of points racked up and be in good position to take first place.

Yeah, playing a man down for 73 minutes of a game does not make for much excitememnt if you're a United fan.

Yea, also didn't help that DeRo didn't appear to be on his game, everyone looked out of sync as a matter of fact. That, and the defense was just letting Houston sneak in behind them all night.

Sigh. They've never won in Houston.

You should go to a game just to see the new stadium there, though. It looks pretty nice on tv :)

Ugh, BBVA hosted a Rugby World Cup qualifier between Italy and the US a couple weeks ago, and I could not go because of an engagement party. Sigh. That was going to be my first trip to the new stadium!

From all reports, its very nice.

I know this section isn't as active as some others, but I thought I'd start a DCU thread in case there are some other supporters around.

United are actually having a good season so far, despite some real duds of games including the one last night against Houston.

It's a lot of fun after a few years of absolutely horrible performance on the field to watch a team who has a legit shot not only to get into the playoffs, but to enter as a top team in the conference.
uniteds have created many world records and i am sure these records will only be broken by them.......... ''as records are made to be broken'':thewave:

DCU finished #2 in the East and will host NY tomorrow night before going there on Wednesday to wrap up a home and home series. We technically earned homefield advantage with the higher seed and should be hosting on Wed, but the games were switched bc of the conditions around Red Bull Arena.

Hope anyone in town will come to the game tomorrow!!!

United is killing any latent support they had left over from their glory years, and I don't see any change in fortunes any time soon unless guys like Seaton and Dykstra are ready to step up in the near future.

We have no strikers that scare anybody - Pajoy, Townsend and Ruiz might have some game but are not strong finishers (or even decent).

In the midfield, when DeLeon maintains his focus throughout a game it will be the first time and he's bad at taking the ball from the man. Pontiusa and Porter are active and bring skills to the game, but I think that their passing could be improved. De Rosario is a skilled passer, but he's not the future. Kitchen bridges the gap between the defense and midfield really well with his ball handling.

The defense is the strength of the team. White, Jakovic and McDonald might be our best players, Rochat looks promising, and Kitchen helps provide strong defensive shape.

But unless we can do something about our attacking 3rd and bring in some finishers, we'll be mired in mediocrity or worse for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.