Coronavirus - COVID19

Happy hour starts in 5 minutes

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

It seems like every day now I read a story about someone who was all in on covid-19 being a hoax, to the point they were loud and proud to make that declaration to anyone who would listen, only to change their tune after getting it. Part of me want to laugh at the irony and their ignorance, but nothing is funny about this virus. Sadly, it seems like these people always die within days of the story going public.
How about someone who had it and minimizes the seriousness of the governments reaction? He doesn't discount the ones who've gotten sick, and have a condition that made them more at risk of dying. But after recovering from it as a 53 year old man who is out of shape and drinks too much, he has a pretty good perspective after spending 2 weeks in bed recovering from it by himself.

MikefromOH

Ring of Fame
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Navy

weve broken our full quarantine and now allowing the kids to play with the neighborhood kids. no kids are going in anyone else's house, but my kids mental health was really low. Stephen turned to me one day crying and said "You're keeping me from my friends and I don't know why".

Right or wrong, it is what we've done. the mood in the house this morning is 10x better than it has been since pre-quarantine.

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

Hang in there Mike. You're balancing all the variables and making the best decisions for your family. No one here will question that. Hoping for only the best for you and your family.

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

deleted post. didn't pay attention to date on post I was respondiong to!

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Each passing day cements, at least in my mind, that the blanket shutdown, and crippling of the economy, was completely unwarranted, and only marginally effective, against the "stated" purpose.
Early predictions were an absolute joke. With their motivations being highly suspect, at best. And the gorilla is just getting started.

No, the China virus is not a hoax. Yes it is very serious for small sectors of the population. But the overreaction cannot be justified.
In any way, shape or form.

Came close to commenting in Sarge's Memorial day thread, yesterday. But didn't want to do to his thread what we as a nation have done to the graves of the dead soldiers. And that's piss all over them.
We've gone from, "Home of The Free, Because of The Brave", to "Home of The Scared, By Design".

So, we can still honor the fallen. Their sacrifice is timeless. But we should all be ashamed of our actions.
We are undeserving of the price they paid.

July 4th will be the next new Hollow Day.

Back to self quarantine.

MikefromOH

Ring of Fame
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Navy

Yeah, I am tending to agree with you more and more on that Ax.

even my most adamantly sure that this was a serious virus are starting to come around more. My close friends up the street has one who is a nurse and the husband has a lung condition...and, even they are pretty much over it. They are just waiting to see what the "honest stats" from this past week are and then going to decide from there.

We hung out all weekend with friends and their kids in the neighborhood. Nobody goes out to restaurants or bars yet, so we are all sure we are safe. But, the mental state of our children has dramatically improved which in return has helped all of us change our attitudes as well.

Ohio is pretty much wide open now. Dr. Acton had her lockdown regulations found illegal and overturned. People are sick and tired of the government overstepping and are starting to take the power back. But, the conspiracy theorist in me believes this was just a test run. They will do it more and more unless we stop them.

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

As long as everyone is making decisions based on accurate facts, local environment and personal/social risk I am satisfied. The last item ensures there will never be complete agreement on this. As for the rich taking their vacations on private islands. Must be nice. But, hey, we're all in this together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0