• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Charles Brown OT: Target Pick for Redskins?

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
Let's see. Athletic, 6'6 lineman who has played multiple positions in his college career. Still a bit light at 295 but with a frame to add strength......

add to that a team that even with the addition of Williams needs another OT to eventually take over on the right side where Stephon Heyer was a disaster and Mike Williams was clearly outclassed and has since been moved inside to RG.

the ranges on Brown were as high as Round 2 at one point, but the latest listings I have seen put him down in Round 3, perhaps late in the round.

wouldn't take that much for the Redskins to make a deal to move up from their selection near the top of Round 4 to the middle of Round 3.

I'd pull the trigger, but if Carrol is not interested in him in Seattle, you gotta wonder.
Don't they need O-line help as much as us?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I don't think he will be there BD. I think he will go 2nd round.

How do we know Carroll doesn't have some interest?

Teams do draft more than one OL in a given year (well that is most teams outside of Cerrato's Washington Redskins).

Brown wasn't rated to go in Round 1 so I don't think passing on him in the teen's at that point is a rejection of the player.

the ranges on Brown were as high as Round 2 at one point, but the latest listings I have seen put him down in Round 3, perhaps late in the round.

wouldn't take that much for the Redskins to make a deal to move up from their selection near the top of Round 4 to the middle of Round 3.
You mentioned in the Haynesworth thread that you had heard the Lions reportedly offered us a 3rd rounder for him, but we're holding out for a 2nd. Given that 2nd/3rd round value is also being applied to Brown, would you trade Albert Haynesworth for the opportunity to draft Brown?

I don't know that Seattle isn't interested. I was suggesting if he fell past them in the 2nd, one would have to wonder.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

OK, so at pick #86 Bruce Campbell is still available. Do we trade up in the next few spots to take him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.