• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

Changing thread titles

Trust us. We can fix it.

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

Whenever I change a thread title, it changes it within the thread, but not how its actually displayed on the forum page. Has this feature been intentionally turned off?

Last edited:

Om

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia Tech

It's a default setting on vBulletin to only allow a set period of time (default 5 minutes) for users to edit the thread title for Forum Index display purposes. As a practical matter it makes sense, particularly in larger forums. If users are constantly changing thread titles on existing, active threads, it can cause confusion with other members.

On BGO we'd like to think both our thread starters and readers will be able to keep that from becoming a problem. If it ends up being one, we always have the option of closing the barn door again. :)

We've increased the time in which users can edit their own thread titles to 24 hours. Figure beyond that there are unlikely to be too many legit reasons to change one. All we ask is that everyone use common sense and good judgment in changing titles of existing and/or active threads.

Last edited:

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

Ah, I was actually thinking about my Caps thread in the 5 O'Clock Club forum - instead of creating a new one for the playoff run, I was gonna just edit the thread title. Although I suppose it wouldn't be causing too much clutter to start a new thread. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0