• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Cake or Death? - The Crazies

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
As has been noted here before, huge Tim Olyphaunt fan here. I want to be Raylan Givens when I grow up. One of the better horror movie remakes lately was the Crazies in 2010 with Timmy starring. A really fun zombie-esque thriller I enjoyed.

(Do I need to do a Spoiler Alert for a three year old movie? If so, done.)

Olyphaunt plays Sheriff David, who has to watch his sidekick, Deputy Clank get infected with the Crazies and slowly turn into a monster. Pretty tense stuff, especially as we watch Clank realize what is happening to him and then make a sacrifice to save his boss.

I think I've been infected with something. It's not slowly turning me into a zombie, thank God. It's slowly turning me optimistic. About my beloved Skins. Last night was awful. I literally almost cried I was so depressed. But I woke up this morning feeling good about things. Why, you ask?

We've been here before. No, seriously. Like, exactly here before. The similarities are eerie. 3-6, coming off a humiliating loss to an opponent we should have beaten (CAR/MIN) in excruciating fashion, with what amounts to a bye week coming up before we play the Eagles. This has been playing in my head all morning.

Pretty sure I already deja'd this vu, but if it happens again like last year, I'm good with it. Think back with me for a second. Let's relive the monstrosity that was the psyche of Redskins fans following that CAR loss. We had multiple calls for Shanahan to be fired. Yep, same thing today. Calls for Haslett, same. Kyle getting the ax, check. How many times did we say at this exact point last year that if our offense and defense could play well for the same 60 minutes, we'd be tough to beat? It's all just a little bit of history repeating.

I am NOT saying we go on a 7 game win streak again. That is probably too much to ask for behind a suspect (at best) offensive line and a questionable (being nice here too) D. But be honest with yourself. Did you think there was even a remote possibility for a 7 game win streak following that CAR game last year? Probably much the same way you feel now, no? The good news is, I doubt we have to win 7 to make the playoffs. 5 more ought to do it. SF and KC are the only games left that look REALLY tough. The rest? Meh. Lots of games against a crappy NFCE and an ATL team that has given up.

We may not do it this year, I have no idea. But I wouldn't stop watching if I were you. You never know.

(this entire blog comes with the caveat that if we lose another game like we did last night, I may WANT to turn into a flesh-eating zombie. That was heart wrenching)

Hope is a wonderful thing.​

More...

Agreed Mike. My point wasn't so much that we need to believe, simply to believe it is possible. That's all.

Well, I guess that this thread is no longer going to be teased on Twitter. lol

I liked it and agreed with everything in the blog. How realistic is such a run? Last year at this time, we had the same feelings. The coach was talking about going into evaluation mode. Sure, it doesn't feel the same as last year, but we do know this team is capable of pulling it off once again. I'd give it about a twenty percent chance.

I like what you say. I won't stop watching regardless of where we stand. The Redskins are an addiction to me. I would like to ask for the recipe of whatever you're drinking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.