• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burress gets two years

NEW YORK (AP)—Facing the prospect of spending at least 3 1/2 years behind bars, one-time Super Bowl star Plaxico Burress(notes) on Thursday accepted a plea bargain with a two-year prison sentence for accidentally shooting himself in the thigh at a Manhattan nightclub.

Dear Yahoo,

Burress is not going to jail for accidentally shooting himself. He's going to jail for illegally possessing a firearm.

Last edited:
I think the law is pretty tough. I don't think there was any reasonable chance he wasn't going to get the 2 year sentence. Bottom line, no matter who you are, if you're going to walk around with a gun on your person, you'd better know the damn law.

At the risk of showing you all what a total nerd I am...every time I see this Burress thing mentioned on TV, and I see his face, I am reminded of the Star Trek Next Generation episode where they meet the Pakleds....the guys who say "We are not smart." It just goes through my head...each and every time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.