• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner’s Burning Questions – Week Fifteen

Burgundy Burner

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Virginia
http://www.bgobsession.com/blog.php?b=491

First place! Can you believe it? The Redskins have a reasonable chance at winning the division title and would host a first round playoff game. A few weeks ago we were talking about 2013, evaluating players, free agency, and the draft. BBQ has shelved those discussions for now and happily so. Let’s dive right into the questions for this week.

Q1: What if Kyle Shanahan gets a good offer to be a HC?
A: We can’t deny that he may get some calls after the season is over and it is obvious that he has a solid handle on being a top notch offensive coordinator. BBQ believes that he will remain with the Redskins and ascend to the head coaching position while his father moves to the front office in the not too distant future.

Q2: What are Alfred Morris’ chances to get the team record in rushing?
A: The chances are better than average. Morris needs 195 yards over the final two games to claim the record. Do you think he will get the necessary yardage to claim the title?

Q3: Have the Giants been elevated to our most hated rival?
A: Opinions on our most hated rival seem to be generally split between the teams in the NFC East, but the Giants have been elevated to “most hated” status for now. Owner John Mara is the obvious focal point of our disdain for the Giants. However, are the Giants elevated to this lofty status over the Cowboys and Eagles?

Q4: Has DeAngelo Hall become too much of a distraction to the team?
A: The quick and simple answer is yes. His latest outburst centers on the exchange that he had with a referee in the October 28th game against the Steelers. That game is history and the focus should be squarely on the next game. BGO, is it time to part ways with Hall after this season?

Q5: A simple question. Should the Week seventeen game between Dallas and Washington be flexed to Sunday night?
A: Of course! Your opinions are certainly welcomed, but it should be obvious!

That is all for this week – see you again next week.

Hail To The Redskins!

1- if he leaves, he is stupid, he has a chance to build a record setting offence for the ages.

2- well we play the fecals, but then we play the pies, I think he will end up just shy.

3-no, the Cowpies will always be the most hated, but 1b are the maraturd vagiants.

4- no he became the distraction last year.

5- without a doubt

I think there has to be a Sunday night game for it to be flexed next Sunday all games are finished with the afternoon games

All games were scheduled as Sunday afternoon games, redskins26, but that was with the understanding that the Sunday night game would be picked after a suitable game was identified. There will be Sunday Night Football on the final Sunday of the season.

1. No way Snyder let's Kyle out of here, he'll throw him some cash and a promise he's next he can't refuse if it even gets close.

2. Probability of success - 90%, barring an early big lead during either game from the opponents the gameplan will still feature the run enough to get him there. I expect a 130 yard day against Philly, call it a hunch.

3. Not yet, but when I say I hate those *******, I mean it, hence my apparent and open disdain when writing about the Giant's game. **** EM!!

4. Only if there presents an equal replacement that we can afford with our cap hell, oh yeah **** Mara. Otherwise he'll have to stay.

5. It probably will be, however, I just still don't feel like we're a night time team, rather have a late afternoon start.

All games were scheduled as Sunday afternoon games, redskins26, but that was with the understanding that the Sunday night game would be picked after a suitable game was identified. There will be Sunday Night Football on the final Sunday of the season.

Didnt know that I knew they used to have them scheduled and an end of the year Monday night game

Kyle wants to be with his father and take over here. He bought a nice house (from my wife's band mate) and is settling in here.

Morris gets it.

**** the Cowturds!

With Griffin the focus of the media, Hall and his buffoonery cannot distract. Hall's negative does not out weigh Griffin's positive...not even close.

We get that Sunday Night game for the division title or the Vikings will get it if AP is close enough to Dickerson's record. I have a feeling AP is going to do it. He is just an animal on the field and is getting better each week it seems. 150 yards in consecutive weeks? I would put money on it.

And to be honest...and a little selfish, I hope it remains a 1:00 game. That way I can get some great shots and not have to worry about light too much. ;)

Griffin may be coming back but I see more carries for Morris against the Eagles and Cowboys.

Both teams have quick defensive fronts that can be overaggressive and Kyle will use that against them.

With Griffin in the fold teams won't be able to cheat at the line like the Browns tried to do play after play last week.

They ended up losing anyway, but we had to bludgeon them play by play to finally pull away.

The Cowboys are vulnerable inside now with both Ratliff and Brent out of the lineup.

1 - I'm on the fence with this one. My head tells me he stays, but my gut is tellin me he's gone if we make the playoffs next year.. which for all intensive purposes looks like it's gonna happen.

2 - no doubt in my mind.... it's lining up way to well for it to happen.

3 - Nope. Next sunday will even further progress the Redskins vs Cowboys rivalry and it will continue that way.

4 - Distraction? No. Cancer? No. Expensive, underproducing, frustrating, aging veteran who's either on the verge or at a point that he's becoming a liablity? Yes.

5 - Absolutely should be... but it wont. Fox is the right hand man of the NFL and they're not going to be willing to give up that coverage.. My feel is they'll flex it to the 4:25 slot and label it the "game of the week." They'll put the Aikmen commentating crew on it and we'll here 3 hours of how Romo got a bad wrap, and that the cowboys are simply underproducing.

1. He will get offers, but is not going anywhere!Think about what he has here and he is the next in line after Mike steps down. All I have to say is RG3 is his qb why would you leave that??

2. Yes he will get it, i see around 150 yards today for him!

3. I will always hate the pukes, but the hatred for the giants is different cause their owner is screwing us off the field. That is just low down and underhanded. We will get the last laugh when we win the division and they don't make the playoffs!

4. Hall needs to get his **** together and stop costing us if he wants to be part of this team next year.

5. It will be flexed to the Sunday night game, who cares about a rushing record when you are talking about a game for the division!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.