• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Poll - Brandon Scherff - The Question!

Do you bring him back?

• Yes - Make him the highest paid OG in the NFL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Only if we can get him for less than $15mil a year - if not BYE

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No - He's too oft injured to be paid $10+ mil a year despite the accolades

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
He was voted to first team honors after receiving 23.5 of the possible 50 votes.... He is the first member of the franchise to be named to All-Pro since Matt Turk in 1996, and the first O-lineman since Jim Lachey in 1991 (via John Keim).

Here is how the voting broke down with Scherff being the leading vote getter at Right Guard.

Other vote getters:

Punter:
Tress Way - 1 vote

Long Snapper:
Nick Sunberg - 1 vote

Last edited:
Redskins: Want to talk about a new deal again?

Scherff: Sure but my price just went from $15 to $17M.

Have a nice day:aargh4:

Guess the whole Bulldog narrative of Scherff's not that good just took a blow.....

No, just a difference of opinion.

Scherff to me is a solid player but he misses enough games each year and underperformed in 2019 so that he is not a good future risk.

He’s too up and down to commit franchise dollars to at 29.

Good for Brandon. Its always nice to see our players get accolades.

So it's time to pose the question. Numerous discussions around here have involved Scherff and his signing, but few have actually debated the actual points.

Do you bring him back?

What's your cost?

12 mil a year 3 years, 4 year option, 35 million guaranteed

He was paid 15m this past season. For me that is the max I would pay for a G.

No way in hell he accepts a pay cut.

Yes but that's based off the top 5 paid lineman not just guards so he was included with those who play LT to get that amount, realistically if it was top 5 guards in that calculation it'd have been less.

I think the fact that Brandon had a 'mixed bag' kind of a year in 2020 is a good thing. It's going to make it harder for his agent to demand top $$ and give us some bargaining leverage. The team's upsurgence on the field also helps (the 'do you want to be a part of what we're building?' motivation.

To me, Scherff's more recent comments about wanting to stay in Washington have sounded slightly more sincere than some of his previous Kirk Cousins-like platitudes. I think you offer him a deal that puts him in the top 10 at his position (because that's who he is) and if he takes it, great, if he doesn't you move forward.

IMO Scherff is going to draw a minimum of 4/60 and I’m willing to bet 5 big ones on it.

EB1BE3A8-5A2D-42B0-BB1C-B5CDEC19B613.jpeg

Washington has Jonathan Allen, Montez Sweat and a host of other core younger players to lock up over the next 12-24 months.

With the cap going down, as the GM I would not resign Scherff at 29 to a mega contract. His injury history weighs large in my mind.

This team has draft picks to find capable OG talent and I would think this offseason will produce a number of veterans who can play that will be cap cuts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.